Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate when I see mothers doing this!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Laying a baby down with a bottle, propping the bottle on the baby while the baby is laying on the bed, floor, wherever. THEN complain about the baby having bad double ear infections. THERE'S REASON FOR THAT!!

If you're going to bottle feed, fine, go ahead, I did. I never once laid my son down with it, and he has never had an ear infection.
You can prevent your child's pain by holding them upright while feeding them.
You *ones who lay babies down with bottles* are the reason people call bottle feeding mothers lazy, other than that, bottle feeding is harder, IMHO. Washing a bottle, getting water temp perfect, measuring water, opening formula, measuring out formula.. All with a screaming hungry baby.

*EBF moms, please don't call me a bad mother, I had reasons I had to stop BF*
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Replies (21-30):
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Hmm my kids never had ear infections as babies. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:56 AM

So this is don't judge me, while I judge you day? Good to know. 

You do realize infections come from many reasons, right? My son had an almost constant double ear infection from the time he was 3 months old, until he had tubes put in at 11 months. He was not prop fed. He did feed himself from time to time when he was old enough to hold a bottle. 

But hey- thank you for judging me. Did you know that your child will be dumber because you chose not to EB? He probably won't grow up to be a productive member of society, either. At least, that's what you judge women like to tell me. 

heyyou13
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I prop my dds bottle. At about a month old she would not eat unless she was propped up on her pillow and her bottle propped. She is very independent and don't like to be held much. She is 9 months old and has never had a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Judge not lest ye be judged. tisk tisk.

tifbrown
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I kind of agree. There is nothing wrong with bottle feeding, but goodness why can't you hold the baby and bottle. Feeding time is such a nice bonding time. The moms who prop are missing out. And, with my first I breastfed because I thought it was what was best. With my second, after experiencing how much work babies are, I breastfed because I was far too lazy to deal with bottles haha.

momof4in29
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I don't like it either however my first daughter ( who I always held to feed ) had ear infections all the time but my other three have not I mean one here and there but nothing to worry about
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I have twins, I can't hold them both for feedings and I damn sure ain't gonna let one sit and cry for 20 min while I feed the other so yes, I prop feed. If it bothers you that's your problem.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I boob prop sometimes :)
TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:03 AM
No matter how you spin it, there is no benefit to the baby to have a bottle propped. It is only convenient to the mother. Do you not think that mothers who do not use bottles at all have those same scenarios? They have kids to take care of and household duties as well. Just because people make the choice to do it does not suddenly mean it is a good thing to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well there are certain situations where a mom may need to feed baby but is also in the middle of doing something else. Maybe she is in the middle of making food for other kids, or if there are multiple babies and she just wants the baby to stop crying and get fed until she can pick baby up.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

There are pros and cons to breastfeeding and bottlefeeding.

Anyway, it is bad to bottle prop. I don't know why moms don't want to take advantage of those moments to cuddle their babies and lovingly meet their needs anyway. Feeding my baby is a pleasurable experience for me and you those moments don't last forever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I have propped all my kids. Never an ear infection. You know, there are OTHER causes for that, right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)