Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate when I see mothers doing this!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Laying a baby down with a bottle, propping the bottle on the baby while the baby is laying on the bed, floor, wherever. THEN complain about the baby having bad double ear infections. THERE'S REASON FOR THAT!!

If you're going to bottle feed, fine, go ahead, I did. I never once laid my son down with it, and he has never had an ear infection.
You can prevent your child's pain by holding them upright while feeding them.
You *ones who lay babies down with bottles* are the reason people call bottle feeding mothers lazy, other than that, bottle feeding is harder, IMHO. Washing a bottle, getting water temp perfect, measuring water, opening formula, measuring out formula.. All with a screaming hungry baby.

*EBF moms, please don't call me a bad mother, I had reasons I had to stop BF*
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM
The same way you would defend something that you do or believe in.....

Quoting littlesippycup:

Wonder why there's so many defensive bitches, maybe they prop bottles....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

so you are a lazy ass that props your kids bottle because you can't hold them?  

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Oh shut the fuck up!

TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I never said I was perfect. We all make choices that aren't the best choices. It is dumb to make bad choices and then try to say they are good. I am sure there are TONS of things I do that aren't the best choice. I am not going to turn around and act like it is just because it is what I choose to do.

I don't bottle prop. Never did. I did do things like put rice cereal and baby food in bottles. Not the best choice. I did it for my own benefit. See?

Quoting Anonymous:

No one ever said there was a benefit. And as old as you are, I'm pretty sure you propped a bottle with your older kids. Now you have a baby and want to act like a perfect mom. Yeah OK.....

Quoting TrouserMouse:

No matter how you spin it, there is no benefit to the baby to have a bottle propped. It is only convenient to the mother. Do you not think that mothers who do not use bottles at all have those same scenarios? They have kids to take care of and household duties as well. Just because people make the choice to do it does not suddenly mean it is a good thing to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well there are certain situations where a mom may need to feed baby but is also in the middle of doing something else. Maybe she is in the middle of making food for other kids, or if there are multiple babies and she just wants the baby to stop crying and get fed until she can pick baby up.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

There are pros and cons to breastfeeding and bottlefeeding.

Anyway, it is bad to bottle prop. I don't know why moms don't want to take advantage of those moments to cuddle their babies and lovingly meet their needs anyway. Feeding my baby is a pleasurable experience for me and you those moments don't last forever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Why would you believe in propping bottles?  Any doctor will tell you that is a nono.  And it is pure laziness.  Does your baby not deserve to be held while eating and get the affection they need?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting littlesippycup:

Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:16 AM

you ask breastfed mothers not to judge you yet you are judging the bottle feeding mothers lol.   

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Nope, not at all. I don't see anything wrong with it though :)

Quoting Anonymous:

so you are a lazy ass that props your kids bottle because you can't hold them?  

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Oh shut the fuck up!

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:17 AM

LOLOL well aren't you a cute little potato. Yay!!! Let's get matching "bottle propping bitches unite" tshirts and march for what we "believe" in!!!

Bottle propping is totally not defend worthy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting littlesippycup:

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I propped my sons bottle at bed time. Worse mistake ever. He didnt suffer ear infections or rotten teeth but it was incrediabally hard to get him off the night time bottle when I got rid of them. He is 5 and will still occasionally asks to take a cup of milk in with him.

I had never had a child or cared for a child until my son came along and no one told me propping at night was a bad thing. I wish I access to a site like this before he came along. :)

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:17 AM
*an

Also there was no argument to lose. I gave her reasons why propping a bottle may be done occasionally.

Quoting WhySoSalty:

Way to lose and argument embarrassingly.

Quoting Anonymous:

No one ever said there was a benefit. And as old as you are, I'm pretty sure you propped a bottle with your older kids. Now you have a baby and want to act like a perfect mom. Yeah OK.....

Quoting TrouserMouse:

No matter how you spin it, there is no benefit to the baby to have a bottle propped. It is only convenient to the mother. Do you not think that mothers who do not use bottles at all have those same scenarios? They have kids to take care of and household duties as well. Just because people make the choice to do it does not suddenly mean it is a good thing to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well there are certain situations where a mom may need to feed baby but is also in the middle of doing something else. Maybe she is in the middle of making food for other kids, or if there are multiple babies and she just wants the baby to stop crying and get fed until she can pick baby up.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Anyway, it is bad to bottle prop. I don't know why moms don't want to take advantage of those moments to cuddle their babies and lovingly meet their needs anyway. Feeding my baby is a pleasurable experience for me and you those moments don't last forever.

WhySoSalty
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Lol. Youre one of those.

Quoting Anonymous:

*an

Also there was no argument to lose. I gave her reasons why propping a bottle may be done occasionally.

Quoting WhySoSalty:

Way to lose and argument embarrassingly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN