Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

this is not going to be a popular view

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies

and I do not want to cause drama, that is not my intention..but I think having 7 year olds in a booster seat is dumb. I was not in one at 7 and I turned out just fine. Had I have to do the requirements now back then I would have had to be in a booster seat until i was 11. such BS.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:56 AM

bump

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree.
DieselsMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

You are dumb. Protecting a child is SMART..My son is 9 and still in a booster seat!!! There are reasons for them...A lot of things done "back then" would end up being much more dangerous today!

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM
So just 7 year old.What about 8 year olds or 6 year olds. ???
If you don't want to keep your kids safe then that's on you. But personally I want to the safety precautions because I don't want my kid having to be pealed off the pavement incase of an accident.
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree my son at 8 is almost as tall as I am lol. 

LeahJ
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Dd is seven and still in one. But thats mostly because she's never asked NOT to be so thats just her seat in the car. I think if she started to put up a big fuss, I'd look into it more closely. But i figure as long as she's not fighting it, I'm ok with it.
heyyou13
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM
3 moms liked this
My dd is 7 and loves her booster seat. It sits her taller making the seatbelt fit properly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol my 7 year old is still harnessed
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM

if my son is in the right mood he will like it, but i doubt he will still like it if he ever sits without one( obviously not until its legal)

Quoting heyyou13:

My dd is 7 and loves her booster seat. It sits her taller making the seatbelt fit properly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM

6 year olds- no. 7 and up not necessary in my opinion. my son will be safe, i wont keep him in a booster at 11 though lol

Quoting Supervane:

So just 7 year old.What about 8 year olds or 6 year olds. ???
If you don't want to keep your kids safe then that's on you. But personally I want to the safety precautions because I don't want my kid having to be pealed off the pavement incase of an accident.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)