Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

this is not going to be a popular view

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

and I do not want to cause drama, that is not my intention..but I think having 7 year olds in a booster seat is dumb. I was not in one at 7 and I turned out just fine. Had I have to do the requirements now back then I would have had to be in a booster seat until i was 11. such BS.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:03 AM

mine will be soon im short lol

Quoting funlovinlady:

I agree my son at 8 is almost as tall as I am lol. 

JLS2388
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

It's a safety issue. I hate when people say they didn't have something and they turned out just fine, guess what, other people didn't which is why we use them now.

I don't know how old you are but even 20 years ago, cars were built tougher and people didn't go as fast. My mom is only in her 40s and when she was a kid, they didn't even wear seatbelts all of the time. Cars were built like tanks and unless you were on a highway, you didn't go more then 30 miles an hour.

My DD is 6, she is still in a 5 point harness because she is 35 lbs. She will be in a car seat till 40 LBS and a booster till 80 lbs.

areles
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:03 AM

i agree.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I want my kids to be safe but it still hard for me to imagine my kid still being in a booster seat at 12 like some mother on here recommend.

rpmom30
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
My 8 yr old is tiny. She still sits in a booster as do most of her friends. She does not mind because she can see out of the window.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM

damn lol. does he or she fight it

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

Lol my 7 year old is still harnessed

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Sure, you were fine, but how many other people your age died or were seriously hurt from injuries in car accidents that could have been prevented by a booster seat?

hypnautica
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Back in the day cars didn't have seat belts either so maybe you shouldn't buckle him either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM

i was 80 lbs or so at 11. some kids are small.

Quoting thenameshailie:

I want my kids to be safe but it still hard for me to imagine my kid still being in a booster seat at 12 like some mother on here recommend.

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Just curious are you taking size/ weight into consideration here? Age is really irrelevant.

Quoting Anonymous:

6 year olds- no. 7 and up not necessary in my opinion. my son will be safe, i wont keep him in a booster at 11 though lol

Quoting Supervane:

So just 7 year old.What about 8 year olds or 6 year olds. ???

If you don't want to keep your kids safe then that's on you. But personally I want to the safety precautions because I don't want my kid having to be pealed off the pavement incase of an accident.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)