Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

this is not going to be a popular view

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

and I do not want to cause drama, that is not my intention..but I think having 7 year olds in a booster seat is dumb. I was not in one at 7 and I turned out just fine. Had I have to do the requirements now back then I would have had to be in a booster seat until i was 11. such BS.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Replies (131-140):
illinoismommy83
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, keeping your kids safe in a car crash is SO stupid. *eyeroll* What kind of loser would want their 7 year old to have the best chance of surviving?

Why even use seatbelts at all? I'm assuming you must have a large life insurance policy on your kids since you wish them dead.

"Haha, Jane is a loser! Her mom keeps her in a booster since she is too small to use a seatbelt alone."

"Kevin, dude, he was so cool. Too bad he died in the crash."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:12 PM

How many car accidents were you in at 7 years old?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I have gotten use to it. When he was a year he looked like a 3 year old and I use to have people at parks actually come up to me and say stuff like "you're a horrible mom for not potty training that child! How disgusting you let a three year old shit his pants!" I was like "well... Ok but he's a year old so.... "

Or "I'm so sorry, it must be so hard to me a single mom with a delayed child" because I wasn't wearing my wedding ring and he wasn't talking like a three year old.... Again I was like "uh well, he's actually advanced considering he is only 15 months old...."

It cracks me up when people say he will be a legal giant and I Should put him in basketball now so he can be famous lmao

Quoting Anonymous:Do people look at you weird when he acts like a 4 year old? People think there is something wrong with my son because he acts like a 4 year old but they think he is 5 or 6!Quoting Anonymous:Right?!?! Dang my son just had his 4yr check up and he is 49.5 inches and 53 lbs.

He is solid muscle though. Lookin at him he is tall and lanky but if he hits you (in jujitsu) it hurts like a MF

Qu
TugBoatMama
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:18 PM

My niece is going to be 12 and she still can't ride in the front seat by law, because she is still under 100 lbs. But she's so tall for her age that I do think it gets a bit ridiculous for some kids to have to do. It wasn't that long ago she still had to ride in a booster.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:19 PM

ouch!

Quoting TugBoatMama:

My niece is going to be 12 and she still can't ride in the front seat by law, because she is still under 100 lbs. But she's so tall for her age that I do think it gets a bit ridiculous for some kids to have to do. It wasn't that long ago she still had to ride in a booster.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

bellaaax3
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM

yeah that's dumb. i definitely wasn't in one when i was 7 and i'm not that old, so it wasn't that long ago. i also have a sister who's 9 and she was never in a booster seat

Gingerbell.RN
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:41 PM
I don't have my 7 year old in a booster.
snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I agree my son is 6 TODAY and the seat belt lays across him fine without the booster with it I have to use the back of the booster to bring it back right, seems stupid to me. My son is 54 inches. I think by seven he will be over 4 feet 11 inches. ..

By the way I was in a car accident when I was 7 and they only had lap belts, car flipped...I am fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:57 PM

This is what I want to know too.  Where do all these moms live that crashing on a regular basis is a normal occurrence!? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)