Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

this is not going to be a popular view

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

and I do not want to cause drama, that is not my intention..but I think having 7 year olds in a booster seat is dumb. I was not in one at 7 and I turned out just fine. Had I have to do the requirements now back then I would have had to be in a booster seat until i was 11. such BS.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I was driven home from the hospital on my mother's lap and I turned out just fine.

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Requirements and laws are made for the safety of our children and they're made for good reasons..... Safety is not "dumb".
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:06 AM

The LAW here is age 8. Your opinion really means NOTHING. My almost 7 year old weighs 40 pounds and is shorter than average. Her safety matters. ;)

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Not at all. He doesn't know any differently. He rides in a high back booster in dh's car but I have a jeep and often ride with the top off and feel better with him in a harness.He is also extremely tiny. Around 40lbs. So he is at the bare minimum weight to booster anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:damn lol. does he or she fight it
Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:Lol my 7 year old is still harnessed
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:06 AM

My kids are awfully petite to Im sure thats how it will be, still weird though. 

Quoting Anonymous:

i was 80 lbs or so at 11. some kids are small.

Quoting thenameshailie:

I want my kids to be safe but it still hard for me to imagine my kid still being in a booster seat at 12 like some mother on here recommend.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Well, our parents did a lot of things that we don't do anymore. And their parents did even more that we would consider crazy. Things change, you advance a little and learn better.

Besides... The roads are generally a lot scarier now then they were back then.

faire_jour
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Well, the safety of my child is far more important to me than your opinion. My daughter was in her booster until she turned 10.

liss.n.chris
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I seriously doubt it.

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

Just curious are you taking size/ weight into consideration here? Age is really irrelevant.

Quoting Anonymous:

6 year olds- no. 7 and up not necessary in my opinion. my son will be safe, i wont keep him in a booster at 11 though lol

Quoting Supervane:

So just 7 year old.What about 8 year olds or 6 year olds. ???

If you don't want to keep your kids safe then that's on you. But personally I want to the safety precautions because I don't want my kid having to be pealed off the pavement incase of an accident.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heyyou13
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:07 AM
She tried to ride without it and couldn't see out the window very good and then the seatbelt did not fit right and was hurting her neck.

Quoting Anonymous:

if my son is in the right mood he will like it, but i doubt he will still like it if he ever sits without one( obviously not until its legal)

Quoting heyyou13:

My dd is 7 and loves her booster seat. It sits her taller making the seatbelt fit properly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I agree, but it's the law and I follow it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)