Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

this is not going to be a popular view

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

and I do not want to cause drama, that is not my intention..but I think having 7 year olds in a booster seat is dumb. I was not in one at 7 and I turned out just fine. Had I have to do the requirements now back then I would have had to be in a booster seat until i was 11. such BS.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Replies (41-50):
mommy74146
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:11 AM
My ds is 7 and 82 lbs and is just at 4' tall. I still feel like a booster seat is what he needs. His dad on the other hand disagrees with me.
New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:11 AM

When I was a kid we didn't need seat belts.. I turned out fine. However, research now shows how seatbelts are benificial...

Blestmomof3
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:12 AM

My doctor said that as long as their legs can bend at the knees when sitting on the seat and the seat belt can go across their shoulder and chest and is not cutting across the neck, then they don't need a booster.  It's more about how your kid fits in the vehicle they are riding in.  Vehicles differ slightly as far as seat size and kids differ greatly in sizes and shape.  If the seat and seatbelt are a good fit, then your child is fine.

ajdahd13
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I sat in the front seat at 5, doesn't mean I'm gonna let my 5 year old dd hop in front next time we leave. 

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Okay you turned out fine so it's safe? I'm sure there are kids who DID NOT turn out fine as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:13 AM

So because you turned out fine safety percausions for ALL other kids is dumb. Tell that to the parents whose one kid is dead but they thought it was "dumb" too.

momof4in29
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I totally agree
chocolateTARDIS
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Who are you to deem in unnecessary? My 7yo was petite; not even 50lbs and no where near 4'9".

The LAW in my state is that children need to be 8 years old AND at least 4'9" to be out of a booster.

Quoting Anonymous:

6 year olds- no. 7 and up not necessary in my opinion. my son will be safe, i wont keep him in a booster at 11 though lol

Quoting Supervane:

So just 7 year old.What about 8 year olds or 6 year olds. ???

If you don't want to keep your kids safe then that's on you. But personally I want to the safety precautions because I don't want my kid having to be pealed off the pavement incase of an accident.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM

What do you think magically changes the moment they turn 7 that makes it suddenly safe?

Quoting Anonymous:

6 year olds- no. 7 and up not necessary in my opinion. my son will be safe, i wont keep him in a booster at 11 though lol

Quoting Supervane:

So just 7 year old.What about 8 year olds or 6 year olds. ???
If you don't want to keep your kids safe then that's on you. But personally I want to the safety precautions because I don't want my kid having to be pealed off the pavement incase of an accident.

funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Haha I'm not short I'm 5'9 and he's 5'5. If I tried to put him in a booster he would freak out lol. By all rights my 14 yo should be in a booster he's tiny. Could you imagine , first day of Highschool and I'm unbuckling him from his booster seat lmao, well that's how some moms on here would like it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

mine will be soon im short lol

Quoting funlovinlady:

I agree my son at 8 is almost as tall as I am lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)