Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She edited my pictures, and I'm upset

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My youngest dd has a birthmark on her face. We had pictures made, and the photographer Edited the birthmark out of the pics. I was shocked and upset. She didn't even ask. When I mentioned it, said that she didn't want to reflect badly on herself for leaving it in the pictures. We paid a lot of money for the session, and I can't get my money back. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:22 AM
I would be pretty upset too. Too be sure she has the originals still saved? I would demand she fix it.
Karopie_99
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:23 AM
That's messed up! A birth mark is a birthmark! Its a part of your child. I would be upset myself if that happend. Heck I've had professional pics done while my kids had a cut or bruise etc on their face, once when my dd decided to give herself a haircut. Its reality! Why remove what has happend in life, take away an imperfection.
baquick
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I would demand that she give you the originals. Or edited without removing the birthmark. It's not a zit that is temporary (and sometimes embarrassing) its a part of your child!
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I would demand she fix them or give money back! That's ridiculous to do a huge edit like that without showing proofs first!

I have a DS that has a scare right by his left eye. A photographer wanted to turn him the other way so it wasn't showing. I insisted that he leave DS the way he was so when we look back at the picture we can have something to reflect on.
Teeshann
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Id demand she fix it or give you a refund. If she refuses leave feedback on her website or facebook. That is something she should have asked about first.
FlyingHottie
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM

You paid money for it. Ask her to fix it. If she doesn't go file with the BBB andost what happened on her FB page 

mommybecky
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I'm a photographer. It's hard to know what parents want edited and what they don't. I don't typically edit anything on faces unless I'm asked to...not even scratches.

That said, I would just ask her to please re edit them and leave the birthmark alone. If she won't, then ask for money back.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

If they can't redo them by the originals, ask that you get a new photo shoot free of charge since you did not request the birthmark to be removed.

A good photographer will honor your request.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Demand that she put it back. You are paying HER, it's HER job to please you (within reason of course). You're not asking for anything outrageous, you want your DD's face left the way she was created. Nothing wrong with that.

liss.n.chris
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
If she refused to fix it I'd be on the warpath. I'd review her on every website her business showed up on (Google search, Yelp, Angie's List).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)