Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what do You feed them?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM
  • 28 Replies
I am looking for some ideas for healthy summer snacks for my family. Or creative ways to feed normal fruits and veggies.....just kinda feel like we are in a rut......I don`t mind snacks that have to be prepared. Give me your ideas!!

Thanks
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misbishy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I do dried fruit, nuts, rasins, m&ms, coconut trail mix. Use as much as you want to. Something's my kids like more of one thing than the other.
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
We eat veggies and fruits raw.. A carrot salad? Shredded carrots with raisins and a little pineapple juice?

My sons snacks are yogurt fruit things like that.
Sorry if I wasn't much help.
luckythreemom
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Thanks girls! I am just looking for some new ideas from other moms. I juat feel like we get kind of stuck in the same foods and everyone would enjoy a bit of variety every now and then!
Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:30 AM

my kids eat bananas, oranges, apples, carrots, celery, strawberries, grapes, watermelon, cantaloupe, cherries, raspberries, blueberries.   pretty much everything lol

luckythreemom
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Quoting Sunshine257:

We eat veggies and fruits raw.. A carrot salad? Shredded carrots with raisins and a little pineapple juice?

My sons snacks are yogurt fruit things like that.
Sorry if I wasn't much help.

Do you let the juice sit on the carrots and stuff or add it before serving?
cnash81
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids love ants on a log. It's a celery stick filled with peanut butter and topped with raisins (marching ants) across. They also love making fruit cabobs. You could also make frozen yogurt bars with some fresh fruit in them.
PeaceLoveAndTea
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
We love smoothies. Yesterday I made one with watermelon, mint, strawberries, with a little bit of Sprite. Today I am thinking blueberries, spinach, apples, with OJ. My two year old also loves sliced cucumbers in some rice vinegar.
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I have always loved snacking on frozen veggies in the summer - corn and green beans specifically. It's a tasty, healthy snack AND a great way to cool down.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:36 AM

We don't dress up the food. They eat lots of raw veggies, fruits and yogurts during the day. It is out and available they just go in and get it.

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Fruit cabobs, my children LOVE fruit.  My 6 year old will eat 7 at a time. lol. Just get canatalope, grapes, lueberries, ect. Great for bbqs, a snack, breakfast, ect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)