Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dearest MIL, a few words for you

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 23 Replies
Dearest MIL,
Are you not aware that you have three other grandchildren now? The fact that you call and only inquire about oldest dd is really starting to raise my hackles. This is the reason why I have been ignoring your phone calls. Every day. You should be happy I am. I have quite a bit to get off my chest.
No. You can not take oldest dd for three weeks when she still has a week of school and just started softball season. In fact, what in the hell did you imagine was going to happen when you show up, unannounced from ok, and say you're taking dd? That we were just going to let you take her because you "came all this way"? Not even sorry, you should have called first. And you lied about calling. I know you did. When you unlocked your new phone and told me to check it out, well, I checked your recent calls. You lied.
And another thing, don't you tell my kid her softball and gymnastics isn't important during the summer. Yes, the eff it is. She lives for her gymnastics lessons and enjoys playing softball with her team. Who the hell are you, absent grandmother, to tell dd the things she cares about aren't important? Maybe if you actually called regularly you would know these things are things she Loves doing.
We haven't heard from you in like 6-7 months. You didn't call back at Christmas. You didn't call your son on his birthday. You didn't call ANY of the kids on their b-days. Even though oldest dd tried calling you. Twice. On HER b-day. You didn't call back then either. She asked. 57 times.
Ugh. Tired of you MIL. T.I.R.E.D. of you!!!
your always respectfully polite, DIL
(The daily calling only stated after she left back home. Before that, we haven't heard from this woman in a good half year or more.)
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RJC78
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:55 PM

BUMP!

atmsmom2011
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Lol love it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Too nice of a letter.

Mine would be brutal. My mouth would be brutal...so I just avoid :) LOL

areles
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

not sure i get how you're ignoring calls that come in every day, but yet accuse her of being an absent grandmother who hasn't gotten in touch in six to seven months.

LeahJ
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Lol. You go, momma!
Constant_Reader
by ~ curly mop on top ~ on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:59 PM
;)
Thanks!

Quoting atmsmom2011:

Lol love it
my.sonshine
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:59 PM

sorry, i don't understand the part where you say you ignore her daily phone calls, but then in the next paragraph say no one has heard from her?

she shouldn't outcast her other grandbabies that way though. thats just disgusting.

LeahJ
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:00 PM
I thought she meant that gma didn't call or anything for 6-7 months and THEN starting calling daily asking for only one of four grandkids. But i could be wrong....

Quoting areles:

not sure i get how you're ignoring calls that come in every day, but yet accuse her of being an absent grandmother who hasn't gotten in touch in six to seven months.

2monstersmommy
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:00 PM

send it don't be a pussy! 

Why write on the internet where the bitch isn't going to read it? 

Constant_Reader
by ~ curly mop on top ~ on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:00 PM
The calls just started after we told her she couldn't take dd. now she calls four or five times a day asking about softball being over and if we've changed out minds.

Quoting areles:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN