Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

oh please, i may not be "classy".......**entertaining little rant**

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 328 Replies
28 moms liked this

but i sure as hell ain't "trashy"!

is there no middle ground? because im pretty sure i fall somewhere in the middle.

i was pretty disturbed last night to be called trashy, again and again, by some of the less "classy" members of the group.

one of the reasons i am "trashy" apparently is because i would have my newborn safely on the kitchen table while i was in the kitchen, usually while i was sitting at the table on this stupid site, see?

he is OBVIOUSLY VERY NEGLECTED! and about to fall off..........**insert eyeroll here**

nana is 85 years old, and when i told her you all said my precious little tiny baby belonged on the floor, her eyes went big in horror. now, she's had a stroke, cant say too much, but she can say "**gasp** no!!!! **big eyes** oh no no! **points to the floor** no!! no no!! **points to the baby safely on the table** good!! safe!! i raise 6!!!!! 6!!"

she is just the sweetest thing :-) i am so "trashy" that nana, 85 and barb, 65 (her dd) have adopted me.  for some reason they seem to like me. they always tell me what a good job i am doing, but i suppose they could be lying.....

to be honest, i think anyone who puts a tiny newborn on the floor while they cook and clean is TRASHY. who the hell DOES that?! the table is much safer for one so small!!! good god people!stop abusing your childen!

ok what else was i going to address? ah, yes. i am an ex addict. i was an addict for 12 fucking years of my life. 12! i have 7 years clean though, and i did it on my own. goddamn you all to hell for throwing it in my face and ignoring the fact that i have 7 years clean. FUCK YOU. you are ignorant assholes. that is all. the strength it took to get out of that life and get clean was more than most of you possess. how dare i get clean?! how completely TRASHY of me!!!! i suppose it would have been much more "classy" to have remained an addict?!

oh and allowing my mom to raise my oldest?! fuck you again.i was the same age he is RIGHT NOW when i got pregnant with him. i may have been able to stay clean while pregnant, but at that time i was already an addict, and i was JUST A KID. i fucking relapsed, and i THANK GOD that my mother was there to take care of him. he lives here or there, it is completely up to him, and he has asked to move back here when school is out.

my mom, btw? she did nothing to result in us kids being so bad. she worked her ass off to pay the tuition to send us to a private christian school,she thought it would keep us safe from the worlds evils. she tried so damn hard.

how"trashy" of her!

oh and my "trashy" family?v fuck you guys. my family may not be perfect, but we LOVE EACH OTHER, we all talk daily, there is no getting pissed off and never talking again. we are TIGHT. we are FORGIVING. and when in the wrong,we APOLOGIZE, we are ALWAYS there for each other. sure, some crazy shit has gone down over the years.  but in the end we remain, strong. together. always.

how dysfunctional and trashy.

listen, i may not be some "classy" road,but i sure as hell am not "trashy"

my day to day life is drama free. our home is clean,our children are clean, loved and very well behaved. not perfect,but what kid is?

my relationship with dh is a good one, i cant remember the last time we raised our voices in anger or fought about something.

so fuck all you judgmental assholes who want to call me trashy :-)

i fall somewhere in the middle, and i think most of you do too.

D.O.E. ~ proud mother to 4 wonderful boys, happily married small town girl from Saskatchewan, Canada

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Its trashy to do drugs in the first place.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:49 PM
4 moms liked this

Don't let em get you down girl. Big hugs =)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Woah! Normally I like you, but you really just went off on a tangent here. Don't worry about  people on the Internet calling you trashy.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:50 PM
6 moms liked this

Shit happens, it's not how you fall down, it's how you get back up!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:50 PM
5 moms liked this

I vote that you are trashy but not because you put a baby on the table although that is dangerous and a bad idea,  but because you smoked during pregnancy and a whole list of other reasons!

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I think you probably fall a bit closer to one end than the other ;)
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM
22 moms liked this
You take this site too seriously.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I don't think its trashy but I do think he's a bit too old to be put to nap on a kitchen table, he is if he hasnt already be soon turning himself over, and accidents CAN happen, so why risk it?

Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Seriously? did you not even read the post at all? Good heavens.

Quoting Anonymous:

Tigress22304
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM
6 moms liked this

who the hell cares what ppl think about your life?!

seriously your baby is super fricken cute and I would love to snuggle the shit out of him right now!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN