Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Went to my first today. Maybe I'm not country enough but I wasn't impressed. Watching folks suck heads was gross!!!
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Replies (21-30):
countrymomma81
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Yep. Disgusting. It never bothered my husband before but now that he's been with me for almost 13 years and got used to quiet eating it even drives him insane. I can't stand a noisy eater. That's why we rarely go out and eat crawfish in public. We usually just buy a sack and boil them at home. 

Quoting rollin3kidsdeep:

Oh lawd gross!!!!

Quoting countrymomma81:

Gross. First of all the term mud bug annoys me. Second of all, we eat crawfish all the time and I've never sucked the head. The sound of it makes me sick. I hate going to crawfish boils at MIL's house because she's gross while eating them. I'm a quiet eater, you'll never hear me eat. Her? You hear every smack, slurp and God forbid she use a napkin. Nope, she'll just suck her fingers to death. Great, now I'm nauseated at the thought.....lol. 

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:54 PM
I've never had crawfish, but they don't sound appealing in any way.
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:55 PM

OMG, they are awesome!  Sucking the head isn't mandatory though, I never did it.

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Sucking the head is to get loads of the flavor. 

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I remember when we moved to Louisianna and I heard they ate crawfish I thought they were crazy. We use to watch out for them at my grandparents cottage so they wouldn't bite our toes. Then I tried them....YUMMY!  I only eat the tails and they are so good! Man,it's been sooooooo long since we've been down there and had them.Anyone know a good trustworthy place that will ship them?

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:03 PM
We dont suck anything OUT of the head, people!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Where do you live?

Quoting cjsix:

I remember when we moved to Louisianna and I heard they ate crawfish I thought they were crazy. We use to watch out for them at my grandparents cottage so they wouldn't bite our toes. Then I tried them....YUMMY!  I only eat the tails and they are so good! Man,it's been sooooooo long since we've been down there and had them.Anyone know a good trustworthy place that will ship them?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VannaMae307
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I'm not a huge fan either but damn is a crawfisb boil fun!!! That's sure sign of a party happening when we visit my in laws and they say "we are doing a crawfish boil"!!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:06 PM

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Michigan

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Where do you live?

Quoting cjsix:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)