Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you ALLOW your 15 year old pregnant daughter ..to drop out of school ?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So she can catch up later...and be a full time mother ?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Replies (31-40):
ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Nope.

the only part of her life she would need to change right away is her social life. She needs school to be a good parent, she needs to continue with as much normalcy as possible. Girls who finish school are less likely to get pregnant again, opposed to girls who drop out and end up pregnant within 2 years.

i have been a sahm most of my momma years, I wouldn't be opposed to helping while she is in school. I would do the same for my sons. Having a baby is not a good thing at such a young age, but it's not the end of life. My husband was a teen dad and he got a job and got them their own place just before graduation, he worked his as soft and is a great dad.

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
First off, every mom is a full time mother, you don't stop being a mother when you go to school or work. Second, no. She would be going to school, and if she did drop out, she would be working, she would not be living off of us and staying home all day. I had my son when I was 15 and my dad said that given the circumstances, what I chose to do with him, if I wanted to give him up, that was entirely up to me, but I would be continuing school and then going on to college, end of question. I graduated valedictorian and will be a senior in college next year. Education is important no matter what you do with the rest of your life. Being a stay at home mom doesn't mean you should be uneducated.
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Nope
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I wouldn't care what she did,  if she kept the baby she would no longer be living in my house! 

Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

No, she would need to complete high school by whatever means necessary, whether that be homeschooling, virtual school, a community ed dept, or traditional school. You don't get to just stay home and become a drain on society. You overcome and learn from your poor choices.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM

That depends on your state actually.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well since you can't legally drop out until you are 16 no I wouldn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM

No.

Next...

WhenInRome
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Nope
kimmaylove013
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM

No I would not, she could continue with hs I had several friends who decided to finish their year because they where seniors, I've known several others about your daughters age, who went to the tech/sister school to our high school who had a program for young parents or soon to be parents and their children came to school with them and where part of the early education program where other students learned how to be certified for day care/ preschool or elementary teachers.

at the very least I would require home/online school if she. Decided he wanted to be a full time sahm but never drop out! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

both. I do not support pregnant teens nor drop outs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN