Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are You Afraid of Unvaccinated Children?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If so, how come?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Replies (771-773):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Sometimes.

My kids can get a little unruly. Lol.

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
How can you say something is safe and effective if they've never studied that? You can't claim something is proven safe if they've never proven it.
Fact is we don't know. But simply comparing vaccinated populations to non shows that vaccinated persons have more medical problems. There have been several of those studies. All say the same thing.

You mentioned car seats. They do know car seats are safer then no car seat. That was pretty much found through trial and error over time. They found things were dangerous, and changed them.

Same with vaccines. They keep changing them when they find out there's something wrong with one.

My child isn't a Guinea pig. If you're fine with your child being a test subject, go right ahead.

I'm fully aware of the pseudoscience.. Vaccines
are humoral immunity only. That's not how the immune system works. It's an unnatural response. Not only that but your body doesn't produce IgG until 6-12 months. So vaccines given before this occurs don't have any way of working. That's why there are so many doses on the traditional schedule, but very few if you delay. Science.

We ate the county with the most vaccines. The sickest country, and one of the highest death rates of children in the DEVELOPED nations.

Comparing statistics of other countries without the ridiculous number of vaccines sites they're far healthier.
Quoting Anonymous:

Yes Yes the new “argument” is that the safety and efficacy of vaccines have never been proven because they have not been subjected to a controlled randomized double blind study against a placebo. This “argument” is designed to impress those with a minimal knowledge of statistics. In other words, it is designed to impress those who know enough statistics to realize that anecdotes are not a substitute for scientific studies and are familiar with the concept that a controlled randomized double blind study against a placebo is the “gold standard” in some areas of drug research.

Unfortunately, they don’t know enough to realize that controlled randomized double blind studies are unethical in certain circumstances, including the testing of vaccines. So what is presented on vaccine rejection websites as a startling and inexplicable refusal of scientists to test vaccines is actually the inevitable result of complying with ethical rules for scientific investigations.

Did you know that many other things we use daily are in situations in which they have no "controlled randomized double blind studies" One for example is infant carseats.

Vaccine rejectionists, you’ve been tricked … again. How many times do you have to be tricked before you realize that you are being victimized by your lack of knowledge of science and statistics

Quoting kitty8199:

Ok show me just one double blind placebo controlled study. Make sure it has long term also.
You won't find one.
I'm taking long term effects on the body. Not studying vaccines themselves for 200 years. That's not a long term study. Long term study, meaning studying the effects of a single vaccine on the human body over time.
Like child gets vaccine, does it cause problems when they're older. They've never done those studies.
CDC actually got in trouble in September for that. Find the video for the autism hearing 2012.Congress vs CDC. Straight from the horses mouth. They admitted to no studies, or comparing vaccinated to unvaccinated.
Don't worry though. Congress told then they're required to do them now. So the studies will be out soon, but don't exist as of yet.
It was televised and there are transcripts. Go take a look.

What about studies showing if they cause cancer, or fertility issues?
Won't find those either, and the manufacturer says so in the package insert. So don't know how you can claim studies when the person who makes them openly admits there are none and puts it on their product.

As fast as smallpox, check statistics. It went UP after they started the vaccine and only dropped when people started refusing.

I have a picture of the chart with statistics, from a book. Not google. It's on here in my cm pics, just can't figure out how to reply with a picture from mobile.

Quoting Anonymous:Actually your wrong too just like her... Vaccines go through10-15 years of research, development and testing before being approved by the FDA and made available. This is true for all vaccines except one and that is the ful vaccine.
On top of the 10-15 years of research these vaccines along with any known side effects have been an on going study since they were invented and to give you just one example cause I don't have time to be teaching all you idiots today Ill start with the study, development of smallpox (which by the way has been eradicated now thanks to vaccines)
In 1796 a man named Edward Jenner’s begun these innovations, with his successful use of cowpox material to create immunity to smallpox, this discoveryquickly made the practice widespread. His method underwent medical and technological changes over the next 200 years, and eventually resulted in the eradication of smallpox. If 200 years is not "a long term study" I don't know what is in your eyes.
note to all: Vaccines are the evil. They have, and still continue to improve every day. There were major issues in the past before any of you were born but here in the USA we have regulations set in place to make sure were not killing ourselves with bad food, drugs and other items.
Quoting kitty8199:There's no long term studies period. Can't prove they do or don't cause damage.Autoimmune disorders are suspected to be from vaccines. Can't be proven either way but their incidence went up drastically when the vaccine schedule quadrupled.
Quoting Anonymous:
Where is this data proving vaccines can cause irreparable harm to the body in the long run? 

Quoting Anonymous:
on the flip side, theres data proving vaccines can and do cause irreparable harm to the body in the long run...and by the way you sound like a  parrot, it sounds like  you did your research by doing nothing more than asking your dr for into, and repeated here what he said. 

Quoting Anonymous:
 well say what you want ant think what you want, I dont plan on changing your mind or your opinions! But there is data to prove that vaccine's work
immunization can be credited with saving approximately 9 million lives a year worldwide. A further 16 million deaths a year could be prevented if effective vaccines were deployed against all potentially vaccine-preventable diseases.
So far  one disease, smallpox, has even been eradicated by vaccines, saving approximately 5 million lives a year. And in all, vaccines have brought seven major human diseases under some degree of control - smallpox, diphtheria, tetanus, yellow fever, whooping cough, polio, and measles. Im not making this up just so I can bicker with some unknown people on cafe mom. I did my research when I became a mother and decided.

Quoting jackiewal10:
I don't not believe you.  There have been many outbreaks of whooping cough across the country in recent years.  BUT, I do NOT think that a vaccination is going to help as much as you want it to.  A child with a healthy immune system is very well protected.  And children who HAVE HAD a whooping cough vaccine also get whooping cough (and that is true with other diseases that there are vaccines for as well).  The CDC has more documented cases of people/children contracting whooping cough (specifically) who have been vaccinated than have not.
Vaccines do NOT mean that you are not going to contract something.  Vaccines introduce the disease into your system (along with a crap load of other "ick".  Chemicals, foreign matter, etc.).
Quoting Anonymous:
An infant is at risk because if there were an outbreak of a deasise at his/her daycare or in the neighborhood and they weren't fully vaxed yet they would most likely catch it. For example I live in Minnesota and this past winter there was an outbreak of whooping cough in my town. There where even a few deaths. A neighbor girl that was not vaccinated became very sick and she had been playing with my kids days before. My youngest at the time was only 6 months old and lucky for me he had just gotten the vaccine a month before because another baby in the neighbor hood was hospitalized for weeks after he caught it.IF you don't believe me just do an Internet search on whooping cough in MN and there are several hundred articles about the state wide outbreak between Oct 2012- Feb 2013. here is one of them
http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/news/2012/09/04/keeping-minnesota-kids-healthy-lagging-immunization-rates-and-whooping-cough-epidemi

Quoting jackiewal10:
MOST elderly people are immune to the things that are vaccinated against these days, because they HAD those illnesses as children.  Chicken pox, measles, mumps, etc.  And, how is an infant at MORE risk from a non-vax'd child/person than not??  It's not as though children/people who haven't been vaccinated are walking around with these illnesses.  They aren't SICK people just because they haven't had a vaccine.
Quoting Anonymous:
 Vaxing moms are worried because we have Young babies that are not completely vaxed yet and they are at risk. WE also have elderly family that were too old to get all the vaccines we have these day's. Babies and elderly are at the greatest risk of dying from these a diseases so really the unvaxed kids are putting them at risk. even somthing as simple as the chicken pox can kill a young child or an elderly person.

Quoting Anonymous:
I'm not sure what you mean by that response. There are plenty of books and other information out there that has all of this information. No matter how hard you look, you will find not existance of trials or tests that this man did before taking action on a child and making his claims. 
Quoting lga1965:
 oh my.....
Quoting Anonymous:
You consider his work remarkable? He did no tests. No studies. No research. He was not a doctor or a scientist. He listened to a superstition, decided it was true, injected the pus into a child and claimed the child was forever immune though that claim would have meant waiting until the child died of old age despite being around small pox constantly. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:27 PM
If it's a myth why did the manufacturer tell you it happens and why are people on immunosuppressive drugs told to avoid recently vaccinated people?

The medical community warns of this. Don't care what a blog says. If the person who made the vaccine says it happens why can't people accept itm

Quoting Anonymous:

as i don't have the time to read through ALL the pages of this post, i don't know if anyone else has already mentioned anything like this to you, but "vaccine shedding" is a myth. 

http://luckylosing.com/2011/10/13/vaccine-shedding-time-up-for-another-vaccine-myth/

http://www.mamamia.com.au/news/vaccination-myths-busted-by-science-cheat-sheet-on-immunisation/

http://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/opinion-vaccine-denialism-annoying/

now, as i am related to an anti-vaxxer, i know these articles will be ignored by you, but i refuse to believe that i can't possibly help inform someone... i hope anyone who makes it to this post and is skeptical about vaccines will read these links and become more informed. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually, not "touchy" at all.. An alarming amount of vaccinating parents do not even understand what vaccine shedding is.

May you heed your own advice, dear.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Touchy touchy. My friends understand, and respect my choices, just as I understand and respect theirs. Part of having people respect your choices has to do with not acting like a petulant child when someone disagrees with you.  I guess you have not learned that part yet, judging by your attempt at a witty retort.

Quoting Anonymous:

And in return, we would appreciate if you let us know when you or your children receive live vaccinations, so that we can avoid your vaccine shedding onto us.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Not afried. Afriad is not the word.  I am, however, appropriately cautious of them during certain illness seasons, around the very young, the old, and the immuniocomprimised.   For example, when my daughter was born, my friends whow do not vaccinate knew that I would prefer if they waited to visit.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured