Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Another post got me thinking. I got my GED when I was 19, and I had to work my arse off. I remember being emotional (I had a baby and was pregnant, my boys are 11 months apart) When I took my test, I was 3 months pregnant. I remember having to take pre-tests that were harder than the real thing, but I had to know 90% of the test to pass on to take the real thing. In my state, you have to actually get a GED teacher's acceptance to go on to take the GED test.

Now for the H.S. Diploma. I know that many teenagers work very hard for their grades, but this isn't the case in most of the kids around my area when I was a kid. Even now, my friends and even my parents and their friends all talk about how easy high school was. They say that they would just show up, and the teachers would do whatever they could to get them out of their class by the end of the year, no matter what. They wanted them to graduate. Even if they hadn't earned it.

Is getting your GED really the worst thing? To have to work for your education. To fight for your own education and to make sure you have the knowledge needed for the exams (not just memorized). 

I really think the stigma about the GED needs to be changed because it is actually difficult. I got a scholarship for my grades on my GED test, but that is because I worked my butt off!

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Replies (221-221):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM

After you're in college, no one cares.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)