Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would YOU do?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:05 PM
  • 1 Replies

Yes I am asking for your opinion on this one.  My daughter who is 3, LOVES her grandma (husbands mom) but grandma well lets just say... she's odd.  One of my biggest hang ups is her habit.  Now I dont judge... everyone has a crutch, weather it be food, tv, computer time ect... but she likes wine.  Has to have it everyday around 5pm, drinking until tipsy or drunk, and even when she is sober.. her judgement on things is just out there! When she has had a few.. well I could tell you some really good stories lets put it that way.  She wanted to take my daughter to Florida for 2 weeks when she was a month old.  She wanted to take her sled riding at 6 months old. Attending car shows for 5 hours at a time in the heat with no sun screen on, just so she can get attention from strangers about her car and cute grandaughter. Any rules we have for her about our daughter are completely dismissed and your lucky if she is even listening to you at the time you are giving instructions. She hates it when I call to check in on my daughter and throws it in my face all the time that I call to "check up on her" She lets my daughter stay up until she completely falls over, sometimes after midnight and thinks that a cupcake constitutes breakfast... come on already lady!!! She is like dealing with a 13 year old.  Its important also to know that she gave custody of her only child (my husband) to her parents when he was an infant because "she couldnt handle it"  Now if you say too much about the way she is then she pouts like a 2 year old, will come to my house, sit in the livingroom floor and cry to my daughter saying we wont let her be a grandma.  Im going to pull my effin hair out ladies!! I want my child to have a grandma.  My mom lives across the country I see her maybe once every 5-6 years.  And to top it off... my child LOVES to be around her grandma and begs me to let her go.  What am I suppose to do?

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
anotherhalf
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Let her see grandma on supervised visits only.  That way you can make sure she isn't endangering your daughter or undermining your relationship with your daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN