Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In honor of Father's Day

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:45 PM
  • 130 Replies
1 mom liked this

Share a memory/poignant experience with your father.. Or DH to your kids :) 

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armyslpbaby
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:52 PM
34 moms liked this

Four months ago my DH became a dad... He's deployed so he hasn't met our son yet, but he will soon. This is our first family photo :)

This is us now, greeting him happy Father's Day :) 

He reads him books.. :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:57 PM
15 moms liked this

I have a great story from my mom about her father. 

She has 5 sisters and they were helping their dad trim the chokecherry trees in their back yard, he would cut the trees and the girls would stack the sticks in a pile. One by one all of her sisters started going in for a break, but they wouldn't come back out to help. My mom was the only one that stayed and helped finish the job. When it was all done her dad told her mom "Get Jenny (my mom) in her nicest dress, we're going into town." He and my mom walked into town and he got her a orange soda while he had a haircut and a shave. She remembers how proud she was to be walking with her dad. 

She told me this story with tears in her eyes. Her dad died a few weeks later. 

armyslpbaby
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:00 PM

That made me tear up.. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a great story from my mom about her father. 

She has 5 sisters and they were helping their dad trim the chokecherry trees in their back yard, he would cut the trees and the girls would stack the sticks in a pile. One by one all of her sisters started going in for a break, but they wouldn't come back out to help. My mom was the only one that stayed and helped finish the job. When it was all done her dad told her mom "Get Jenny (my mom) in her nicest dress, we're going into town." He and my mom walked into town and he got her a orange soda while he had a haircut and a shave. She remembers how proud she was to be walking with her dad. 

She told me this story with tears in her eyes. Her dad died a few weeks later. 

km1970
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:00 PM
2 moms liked this

My dad has been gone for 11 years(on July 20th.) He was in the hospital for a month before he died. The last night I was with him, I knew he was getting tired. I looked at him right in the eye and said, "Dad, I love you, what do you want to do?" He couldn't talk very well because of the massive stroke. He looked at me and said, "Home." I knew what he meant. I told him, "Dad, I love you, but if you need to go home, then I understand and I love you." 

The next day he went into respiratory distress and passed away the next morning with my mom and I by his side. It was hard to let him go, but I knew that's what he wanted.

Lili0509
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM

:( Ill be doing the same thing.......but good that he'll be home soon.

Quoting armyslpbaby:

Four months ago my DH became a dad... He's deployed so he hasn't met our son yet, but he will soon. This is our first family photo :)

armyslpbaby
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM

My dad and I.. When I was just 16.. He's such a sweet and loving father. I'm the only daughter so I am a true papa's girl! :)

Tiffany_AvonRep
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:03 PM

memory of my father....oh ya, him being so excited to be a grandpa and then on the day of my sons birth, he wanted nothing to do with me or my son.

armyslpbaby
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry.. That made me tear up! That must have been so hard

Quoting km1970:

My dad has been gone for 11 years(on July 20th.) He was in the hospital for a month before he died. The last night I was with him, I knew he was getting tired. I looked at him right in the eye and said, "Dad, I love you, what do you want to do?" He couldn't talk very well because of the massive stroke. He looked at me and said, "Home." I knew what he meant. I told him, "Dad, I love you, but if you need to go home, then I understand and I love you." 

The next day he went into respiratory distress and passed away the next morning with my mom and I by his side. It was hard to let him go, but I knew that's what he wanted.

armyslpbaby
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry :( it really sucks, but thankfully we are already at the end of this deployment

Quoting Lili0509:

:( Ill be doing the same thing.......but good that he'll be home soon.

Quoting armyslpbaby:

armyslpbaby
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Sorry :( how are things now? 

Quoting Tiffany_AvonRep:

memory of my father....oh ya, him being so excited to be a grandpa and then on the day of my sons birth, he wanted nothing to do with me or my son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)