Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help with Sex Offender - WWYD?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 250 Replies

Hi - 

I randomly found out by looking at the SO registry in my state that a girl's father who is in my daughter's day care is a sex offender - it's sodomy in the 3rd (which is oral or anal contact) with a 14 yr old boy. I did the math with the offender's birthday and the date of conviction and he was in his mid to late 20s when he was charged - so needless to say, this is pretty cut and dry and isn't like it was a 19 yr old boy and his 17 yr old girlfriend. 

I found this out the day before day care ended, and on the day it ended, the girl's mother was collecting everyone's contact info for a pool party at their house....

I am at a loss of what to do - I did tell the parents who I know in the class - but I don't know any of the others. I do obviously feel bad for the little girl bc it's not HER fault, but at the same point, I think the parents NEED to be aware of this. 

What would you do? Would I be majorly over stepping if I tried to contact the parents of the other kids (I don't even know if I can, I don't know their last names or anything), and I'm not a pot stirrer at all, but I really feel like it's something they should be aware of. 

Should I try, or should I mind my own business?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:48 PM
19 moms liked this

I wouldn't go out of my way to tell the other parents.  You already told the parents you know and word like this travels like wildfire. 

Telo319
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Word of mouth travels fast. I would keep my child away. Be careful telling others because you don't want retaliation.
KawaiiPika
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:53 PM
You told the parents you know that's all. The rest will hear.

It isn't the little girls fault but what if the mother never knew about him? Mmmm I'd want to know
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:56 PM
14 moms liked this
I wouldn't have said anything to begin with, honestly. I just wouldn't send my child to the party, definitely not without my supervision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:06 PM
How would the mother not know?

Quoting KawaiiPika:

It isn't the little girls fault but what if the mother never knew about him? Mmmm I'd want to know

KawaiiPika
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Not everyone researches their partners background before getting married. I've heard it before.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting KawaiiPika:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Hmmm - It seems crazy that she wouldn't know...
Even if she didn't know - don't you think anyone bringing their kids to her house should know? I am so torn on this, ugh

Quoting KawaiiPika:

Not everyone researches their partners background before getting married. I've heard it before.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting KawaiiPika:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Im one to mind my own business, trust me. I just felt like I couldn't live with myself if god forbid anything happened to any kids I knew. I know I'd be thrown for a loop if I brought my daughter to a child molesters house and found out later that someone I knew knew about it and didn't say anything.

Quoting Litlmama87:

I wouldn't have said anything to begin with, honestly. I just wouldn't send my child to the party, definitely not without my supervision.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Omg. O_o.

I wouldn't be sure what to do either. Should the daycare know? I mean, they run a facility that cares for kids. Does he pick his dd up? I'm wondering if he should even be in the same household as his dd. (?) Sorry. I'm just questioning this because I'm wondering what he's supposed to disclose to people. I have no experience with this sort of thing- thank goodness.

I think it's good you told the parents you know though. By now everyone else should know. That's not the type of info people sit on. Yikes.

MamaMerkle126
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:33 PM
14 moms liked this

IMMEDIATELY notify everyone in the group, all those mothers have the right to choose whether or not to allow their child near a sex offender. And switch daycares. It's not the child's fault, obviously, and I feel terrible for her for having such a sick piece of nasty shit for a father, but you can't take risks with your own kids where you know there ARE risks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN