Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I already know that I'm going to get called a beyotch multiple times today.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I tell my mother Happy Father's Day.

I recently added my 'father's' mother on my facebook and she literally has something to say about everything I post.

Like, I get it, she wants to be in my life now that he's dead and she knows I'm pregnant, but none of that changes how shit used to be.

I don't care that in YOUR eyes, your son did no wrong.
He was a rapist, a drug addict, and he abused everyone he 'loved'.

Don't even ATTEMPT to give me some bullshit story about how I should 'pay my respects' or some other stupid shit.

I didn't care before he died and I sure as shit still don't.
I don't feel the slightest bit bad either.

Bash all you want, I'm just venting.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Vent away - my husband's mother was an abusive, abandoning twat, only tries to contact him when she wants something (asked where her cut of the money was from his dad's estate even though she bailed back in '83).  Right after we started dating (about 13 years ago), his mother's family suddenly decides to start calling Gabe and acting like they give a shit all of a sudden (he was 7 when his mom bailed, the family suddenly started contacting him when he was 24).   His grandmother left a message on his machine asking why he hasn't called his mother or them.  Because y'all ignored him for almost 20 years dipshit!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:13 AM

They hadn't contacted me in YEARS, but as soon as he started dying it was like all of a sudden they think I should care. They think I'm heartless because I don't.

He slowly started dying, losing his ability to draw (and I mean, he was an amazing artist) the ONE thing he cared about the most and as soon as I found that out, I was overjoyed.
Had he survived, he would've been paralyzed from the neck down, and I call that Karma.
Losing the ability to draw/paint/etc was enough though.

Karma caught up to him and he had to live with it for quite some time before he died, and that pleases me. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Vent away - my husband's mother was an abusive, abandoning twat, only tries to contact him when she wants something (asked where her cut of the money was from his dad's estate even though she bailed back in '83).  Right after we started dating (about 13 years ago), his mother's family suddenly decides to start calling Gabe and acting like they give a shit all of a sudden (he was 7 when his mom bailed, the family suddenly started contacting him when he was 24).   His grandmother left a message on his machine asking why he hasn't called his mother or them.  Because y'all ignored him for almost 20 years dipshit!

MochaBerry24
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds fair. It also sounds like she is toxic to you as well, so you may want to consider deleting her from FB.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Um..wow!

FL2AK
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Take her off of your Facebook.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:16 AM

I don't credit my mom for Father's Day, I just don't celebrate. I only met my dad a handful of times and my mom was an abusive drunk. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:20 AM

She wasn't the greatest mom, but she gave me everything I needed and then some. She took care of me and she's gotten so much better about things now that she's older. (She used to be in and out of mental hospitals, drink a lot, do drugs, etc.)  I give her credit, she worked her butt off as a single parent and she deserves it.

Quoting wkukid:

I don't credit my mom for Father's Day, I just don't celebrate. I only met my dad a handful of times and my mom was an abusive drunk. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Thank you. I literally did feel like maybe I was just being a bitch.(;

Quoting MochaBerry24:

Sounds fair. It also sounds like she is toxic to you as well, so you may want to consider deleting her from FB.

TheMetal
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:23 AM

I don't see how you are a beyotch for not being emotionally attached to a man like that.

lulalacroix
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:28 AM
You aren't a bitch. You have every right to have really strong feelings today. I do too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)