Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kid's name..... Failure or Win S/O

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok this is a spin off another post. SOme one posted about a name they chose for a baby that doesnt exist. Everyone pretty much hated it because she spelled it weird and in one comment a women said that scientific reasearch has been done that if you give a kid a screwed up name you set them up for failure..... so i was wondering what you ladies thought of my sons name.... GIDEON SOUL do you think im setting him up to fail?

OH and btw most people probably wont know his middle name so i really dont think that counts. ALso i love his name and im not changing it.

Feel free to share your little ones names

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Replies (161-165):
MomToDarienne
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Gideon is alright. Soul's....meh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Yeah, I haven't either. Just a million Caydens, Haydens, Aidens, Jaydens and Braydens. My son is Ten so I had no idea that like sounding nanes would explode like that.
I went to school with a Freya. :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never met someone else with a Rayden/Raiden/Raeden! LOL We've met one other Freja but she was from Norway and hers was an alternate spelling of Fraya 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a Rayden too. I like Raeden Storm since Raeden is the Japanese God of tHunder and lightening

Quoting Anonymous:

I have 

Freja ├łowyn

Raeden Storm

Calypso Paikea Rhyder

Some people hate their names and some people love them

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I wish I hadn't opened this post. I'm planning to name my baby Soul. However, I have a thing about names and can't name my kids something if I 'know' someone else that has named their kid that. (Knowing the name is out there is another matter.)
Jen_Davis
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM
My daughters name is Coen Grace. I haven't gotten any flack for that but my punk cousin named her son, that is 5 months younger, Cohen. We're distant cousins (she's the granddaughter of my great aunt) so I try not to think about it lol. I like unique names that are spelled the usual way. Gaelic and Hebrew names especially. I changed the spelling of Coen because it is traditionally a Hebrew surname. I like the name Saoirse (sear-sha, Irish Gaelic for freedom), Sibylla (queen of Jerusalem in the 12th century. See Kingdom of Heaven). They are true names and spelled correctly they are just different. Soon what is considered "weird" now will be totally commonplace and some arguments I've read here will be invalid.
WiseWitch
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:45 PM

My sons name is Dean Michael, his middle name Michael is after his dad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)