Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Now I'm scared and freaked out update final update!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:51 AM
  • 102 Replies
My roommate is the worst I've ever had during a hospital stay. She actually called him a "fucking scumbag" last night after he took her blood pressure. Now she's bitching that he keeps waking her up. Umm..hello? Every 4 hours someone comes in to take your BP and temp! Like clockwork! It's 4:50am, last time he was in was around 1am..she says that's only a 2 hour difference....oh i hope they release me tomorrow! And I'm going to try and make sure I can thank him before I do leave for everything he's done.

Any nurses/drs with horrible patient stories? Or patients with horrible dr/nurse stories? This is my first hospital stay where everybody has been great. Absolutely zero complaints about anyone.

I made a post about it yesterday, but before everyone asks, I came in because I couldn't take the pain in my abdomin (sp?). I thought it was just the virus the kids had. Turns out I have stones in my gallbladder. So far there's no sign of doing surgery while I'm here, but I will have to have it removed in the future.

Update
I don't know what happened while I was doing my stress test, but she's suddenly got a much better attitude. Even saying Ty to the different nurses. I hope it lasts.

Update update

So..everything was looking clear for me to be released tomorrow. Then my nurse came in and told me no food or water after midnight, the surgeons want to talk to me in the morning. Now I'm freaking out. They didn't want to talk to me again until after my ct scan. Please can someone reassure me?? *biting nails*

Final update!!
Finally home! Hanging out with family until dh is off work, then in going home to my boys. I don't want them to jump on me too much :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Val99
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I had surgery in November on Election Day and I was probably a pain in the butt to the nurses.  I was supposed to stay two days, but I went home after 24 hours.   I was feeling great and watching election returns on TV.  Every time election results were announced I'd get excited and my pulse would increase from 90 to 130 setting off the alarm.  About 3 minutes later it would go back down.  I had the nurses running back and forth until one was told to stay in my room with me.  

After about three hours and an EKG, I had about 6 of the hospital staff in my room watching TV with me.  I know walking around after surgery helps prevent clotting so I would take a lap around the ward every 2 hours too.  I felt so great they sent me home by noon the next day.  I felt bad for the nurses who were required to check me every time the alarm went off, but i wasn't about to turn off election night coverage because of it.  

Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:59 AM
I can see that being annoying to the nurses, but, from the sounds of it, I wouldn't say you were horrible.this woman next to me doesn't even wait and say these things so he can't hear. She yelled the scumbag comment at him last night as he was leaving

Quoting Val99:

I had surgery in November on Election Day and I was probably a pain in the butt to the nurses.  I was supposed to stay two days, but I went home after 24 hours.   I was feeling great and watching election returns on TV.  Every time election results were announced I'd get excited and my pulse would increase from 90 to 130 setting off the alarm.  About 3 minutes later it would go back down.  I had the nurses running back and forth until one was told to stay in my room with me.  

After about three hours and an EKG, I had about 6 of the hospital staff in my room watching TV with me.  I know walking around after surgery helps prevent clotting so I would take a lap around the ward every 2 hours too.  I felt so great they sent me home by noon the next day.  I felt bad for the nurses who were required to check me every time the alarm went off, but i wasn't about to turn off election night coverage because of it.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GOBryan
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:00 AM

I'd hate to be a nurse having to deal with difficult patients. It certainly takes a special person. 

MammaPaparazza
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Just don't wait too long a stone could block your duct then you will end up like me, in a hospital for four months and in a coma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jedwards2009
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:02 AM
2 moms liked this
When I was 16 I was in a 4 wheeler accident and ended up in ICU for ten days. In the room next to me was a drug dealer who had gotten his ass kicked pretty badly. Everytime the nurses touched him he wluld yell and scream and cuss. Call them horrible names, tell them they were trying to kill him etc. He and I were the only ones on the floor at the time. One night one of the nurses snapped and went off on him. She told him there was a child in the next room who was far more injured than he was and not making any fuss at all ans he was acting like a big baby lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:03 AM

After my spinal fusion, they put my in my room, shut the door, and put the call button out of my reach...i couldn't even speak to call someone for pain meds...NONE of the help spoke english, and couldn't understand my request for an extra pillow and blanket..WORST hospital experiece EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes, this was in an American Hospital in new england

Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I have nothing but the utmost respect for the nurses that have to deal with bedpans..I could never do it. Except for one that I had when I was in for a really bad UTI..she was a bitch to me

Quoting GOBryan:

I'd hate to be a nurse having to deal with difficult patients. It certainly takes a special person. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Constant_Reader
by ~ curly mop on top ~ on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Wow! What a bitchy bitch. Be sure to get his name and fill out a patient satisfaction card for him!! Nurses appreciate it and big admins see them too!
raye-chan
by Raye on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Any hospital stays I've ever had, i had a private room lol

Now, after having my emergency c section with little man, i was pretty stubborn with the nurses. I refused to take the pain medicine because it made me extremely sick and for some reason, would make me dizzy and my blood pressure rise. Since we were trying to get my pressure back down to normal, i wanted to avoid the medicine but a few young stubborn nurses would come in every 30 minutes and no matter what i was doing, would lecture me and yell at me to take the pain killers. I never did lol i felt fine and didn't want to stay drugged up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I'm hoping I can set the surgery up for sometime within the next month. I do not want to deal with this again

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Just don't wait too long a stone could block your duct then you will end up like me, in a hospital for four months and in a coma

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN