Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what did you do??

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:33 AM
  • 20 Replies

Mobile Photo

For your dh and/or dad?

I got dh a baseball glove! He didn't have one, and since he wasn't exactly athletic in his younger days- he has been wanting to practice so he can play catch with ds in the future. ♥ he loves it!

We got my dad some (more expensive/ all natural) peanut butter and blueberry jam. Yum! My dad is so hard to shop for.. I usually get him high quality wool socks for hiking/ skiing, or a home depot card.. but we got him the socks for xmas and he's fixing up the house so he'd spend the card on that instead of himself... however- he loves jam and eats pb by the spoonful lol! He was thrilled :D
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Bump
Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

DH...the girls are making him 2 gifts this morning.  He works tonight, so, he's still snoozing and won't see what they're up to.

My Dad...money is super tight now due to my health issues and he knows this.  I did mail him a card (he lives 2 hours away) and he'll be in next weekend to visit and we'll spend time together then.  

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

He gets to sleep late, I will do all the house chores. I will cook him whatever he feels like.

christina0607
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this

I think my husband has the same glove. My husband is also a lefty, lol.

I didn't do anything. My 9yo has a baseball game this morning we'll go to that and then he gets to mow the lawn. 

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

My son made his dad a card.  He rarely comes around so he probably won't get it until a few weeks.  As far as my dad goes.  I just got off the phone with him.  He told me to get him nothing! He did say a few minutes ago that he'll think of something for me to cook next week.

mem82
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I helped the kids put together a special breakfast and I am making him steaks with sauté mushrooms tonight. The kids and I are going to church and he is staying here to do whatever. When you have 4 kids peace and quiet is a real blessing. Lol
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I bet some quiet will be nice!

Dh was at the hospital last week getting insulin put into his new pump. He had to be monitored for hours. He sat down and opened a book- and a nurse came in:

Nurse: do you want me to turn on the tv?
Dh: no, thank you.
Nurse: really? Its awfully quiet in here....
Dh: exactly....

Hahaha made me giggle ♥

Quoting mem82:

I helped the kids put together a special breakfast and I am making him steaks with sauté mushrooms tonight. The kids and I are going to church and he is staying here to do whatever. When you have 4 kids peace and quiet is a real blessing. Lol
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Lol I was happy to find one so easily! :D

Quoting christina0607:

I didn't do anything. My 9yo has a baseball game this morning we'll go to that and then he gets to mow the lawn. 

frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

For my husband, he got the same thing I got for mother's day, nothing.  LOL

I'm going to take my dad out for lunch later.

christina0607
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Hopefully this doesn't make you mad...but we got that one at 5below for $5. I know they sell it at walmart and such too though. My husband's glove broke while playing catch with my son, so until we can repair that one he grabbed the Wilson because he needs something. 

He's haing a hard time breaking it in though. 

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Lol I was happy to find one so easily! :D

Quoting christina0607:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured