Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD to the high back belt booster? She is 4 1/2 and 35 lbs. People keep asking me why I haven't yet, frankly I didn't know it was time? Lol

ETA: no one seems to be reading what I wrote. I said HIGH back booster NOT backless booster.

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (11-17):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Manufaturers minumums and minimum standards for safety are not always the same

What state are you in?

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting othermom:

The minimum is 4 and 40lbs, so you still have a while. My youngest will be 4 in october and is 42lbs and 42 inches tall and will be in a 5 point harness probably another 6 months to a year. Her seat goes to 65lbs.

That's for the backless booster. The minimum for the high back is 30 lbs.

Italiancouture7
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

It is safest to keep her harnessed as long as possible

That's what I was thinking. We also did extended rear facing as long as possible. I just feel safer about it. I don't understand why all of my friends think I'm crazy? Lol

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Until she out grows her 5pt harness.
For DD that was 5 1/2.
She reached the max height so she is in a booster now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Italiancouture7
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I have no idea honestly I just know what the carseat information says. I was planning on keeping her in the 5 point harness as long as possible anyways. But people keep acting like I'm weird.

Graco Nautilus 3-In-1 Multiuse Car Seat:

• Extended 5-point harness (use for baby from 20 - 65 lbs.)
  • Converts into high-back belt positioning booster (use for baby from 30 to 100 lbs.)
  • Converts into backless booster (use for baby from 40 to 100 lbs.
  • Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Manufaturers minumums and minimum standards for safety are not always the same

What state are you in?

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting othermom:

The minimum is 4 and 40lbs, so you still have a while. My youngest will be 4 in october and is 42lbs and 42 inches tall and will be in a 5 point harness probably another 6 months to a year. Her seat goes to 65lbs.

That's for the backless booster. The minimum for the high back is 30 lbs.

Anonymous
    by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM

luckysevenwow
    by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Harnessed as long as possible. 

mommytoeandb
    by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM

4 and 40 lbs. here.  DD was harnessed until she was 6 1/2.   She didn't hit 40 lb. until after her 5th birthday.  Both kids have the Graco Nautilus seats.  DS was harnessed until age 5.  Just tell them she doesn't weigh enough yet!

ETA: DD is almost 10 and weighs around 55 lb. (she's short too), so she'll be in a booster seat for a LONG time. She did finally lose the back. Her friends have never made it an issue. She knows she's short. Her friends know she's short. Anyone that gives her a hard time wouldn't be her friend anyway. She's one tough cookie. ;)
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured