Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So Sick of Single Moms on Father's Day! **EDIT**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies
6 moms liked this

Poll

Question: Dont know how to remove the poll, sorry if it was offensive ladies :)

Options:

ignore

ignore

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 124

View Results

** I removed the poll because some moms found it offensive anf that is not my intent here. Not because the poll didn't agree with me, it did, quite alot, I removed it out of respect for those who found it offensive. Thanks :)**

I'm sorry if this comes off rude but maybe it should. All the posts and comments..." Where's the day for single moms!?" IT"S CALLED MOTHERS DAY! Stop whining about the choices YOU made in your life! I'm sorry that it's hard, I really am. My sister and most of my close friends are single moms but you know what!? It's a choice that you made!

And if you want to, you can argue all you want that "He walked out, he left, it's his fault" Take some responsibility! YOU CHOSE HIM. Yes, he is still a crappy person, yes he has a ton of fault for it. But  YOU decided to let THAT MAN get you pregnant! You should chose who you have a family with very carefully. I know sometimes you just don't know, you're with someone that you you've been with for a long time, think you know them so well and they just up and leave, but I have a feeling those are the minority of the Single Mom crowd here. You hold some responsibility. I'm not saying I have no sympathy for Single Mothers. I have been there for my sister and my friends through all the ups and downs. It sucks. And I am glad that I have my husband. But please, stop with the self entitled whining on Father's Day. It is simply a dad that doesn't apply to your family. Not some personal attack! You may "Have two jobs to do" but that doesn't mean you get to rip apart Father's Day! You are still a mother. Get some extra pampering on Mothers Day if you can!

**apparently I need to point this out, the above ^ about picking your man, is ONLY speaking to those who make a big fuss about "baby daddy" walking out. I know every life is different, there is abuse, people change, I get that. But when you start going off about what a deadbeat this guy is you have to wake up and realise that that is that man that YOU chose to be the father of you children. **

Bottom Line: Quit fussing about needing some special day, you have one! MOTHERS DAY! End of story.

*Rant over*

EDIT: Since people can't seem to figure this out,

I understand that there are other circumstances. I am not talking about women who have lost there husband ( to death) or victims of rape or anything like that. I understand that happens. Im am specifically referring to these moms who made a bad choice in who they let impregnate them and then get up on a soap box about "Where's my day" EVERY time fathers day rolls around. My point is we HAVE a day! It isn't like men get Father's day and we have nothing. So it's ungrateful to piss and moan on Fathers day like you didn't just have Mothers Day last month.

I'm not judging anyone's life, what quality of parent they are, not even whether or not they are celebrating fathers day for themselves as a single parent. I'm not that single moms don't have the fathers in their lives, or anything like that. I'm not saying this applies to every single mom, I'm not grouping everyone together because that would be crazy. Everyone's situation is different. The only thing I am addressing is attacking Fathers day because you're a single mom. Thanks :)

Ugh *rolls eyes* EDIT #2:
For those of you that feel that you need to attack my life because "I have it so easy"  No, My life insn't easy, it has never been easy. Thats my damn point! Yes, I am blessed to have a husband. That doesn't mean that I live some golden spoon life! I was abused by my parents all my childhood, I was raped before I hit my teens, went through cancer treatment while trying to raise 2 young children. Shit happens! LIFE is hard! Get over it! We are all parents! You have the challenge of being a single mom, others deal with crap that is just as hard! I'm so sick of this my life is harder than your life crap!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Damn straight.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:31 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm sick of these damn posts already! Who gives a shit if someone wants to celebrate mothers and fathers day for themselves.

If you want opinions go scrool through all the other posts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:32 PM
4 moms liked this
Its not entirely the moms fault. What if the father of her children die? Is that her fault too?
livelaughlov26
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:33 PM
13 moms liked this
You have a judgemental bitchy attitude about this. Sometimes people change. A man might have been great in the beginning but changed. Or maybe they did choose a bad guy but were strong enough to leave. Maybe they were raped and got pregnant. Maybe he died and its just a hard day. Yes there is mother's day, but I have enough empathy to put myself in their shoes and see how it is still hard. You have a serious lack of empathy for other people. It is sad. I'm not a single mom either. And no one in my family or that I am really close to is either. So I have no agenda in this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:33 PM
8 moms liked this
I am not even a single mom and i want to tell you to SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:33 PM
10 moms liked this
I'm single and I agree.
I'm annoyed with all the shit on Facebook about happy fathers day to the single moms.
I'M NOT A DAD...parenting is hard no matter what...but we don't get an extra day because we are single.

I do take my responsibility in this...I made the choice who to have kids with...
teacherandamom
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Agreed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jedwards2009
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel guilty every day for the decisions I made. Dd deserves the world and unfortunately I failed her. I'm making the best with what I have. Thank god my dad is around to show her what a good man is. She's crazy about her papaw.
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM
5 moms liked this
Whining about other people whining.

Ok
codfish
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
So my father died very young and my mother and g-mother raised my sibs and I. Unfortunately in society father's day is a big deal whether dad is there or not. According to your little rant somehow she sucked because she was a single parent. God help you of your dh dies or turns out to be a piece of crap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)