Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA*** Yes, it's Father's Day ... But the trash didn't get the memo

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 90 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm all for honoring dh for being an awesome daddy. He got a card from me, a card from the kids, a gift from the kids, and a gift from me. AND we will be eating at his favorite restaurant. Then watching his favorite movie (because that's what he wants to do) while I rub his feet.
Now, the trash is dh's "job" daily... For the last 12 years. All of a sudden he acts like its "his day" so he can't take the trash out.
Um, excuse me, but on "MY day" I made everyone breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Had to watch the kids while dh worked...forcing me to cancel the spa appt I made for myself. Which leads me to my next point. I got a card for Mother's Day. One single card from the kids and dh. No gift. No time for me. No favorite meal or movie or ANYTHING that I asked for or would've wanted to do. Not to mention, guess who cleaned the kitchen after 3 meals for the day?... Yep, me.
So guess what, sir. You WILL be taking out the trash...and thank your lucky stars that I decided not to bring any of this up on YOUR special little precious day!

ETA: you know what really gets me? ...were the tables reversed all these women jumping my case would still be on dh's side. i would be an ungrateful bitch of a wife for doing all the things he's currently doing and he would be a saint for paying me so much attention...the bitch that I am. you women are too much sometimes. does it make you feel better about your own miserable existence to bash other women? I refuse to allow any of you to make me feel bad about myself. I know I'm an awesome mom and wife. I don't need your approval or pat on the back. I came here to vent...I won't be responding to anymore negative replies. have a great day :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charligirl33
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh good lord!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Yep. Seems a bit petty huh?

Quoting charligirl33:

Oh good lord!

sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:32 PM
oh man.
charligirl33
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Yes. You do seem petty
Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Oh boy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm with ya. I know it may be selfish but after so much time doing for someone who never thinks to do anything in return, gets old. I won't make a big deal for him cuz he never makes a big deal for me. meh, it's fathers day....big deal....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Ha! Ok

Quoting charligirl33:

Yes. You do seem petty

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Okay?? Not really seing the problem, why can't  you take the trash out for one day? It's not hard, I do it all the time.

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:34 PM

At least you got that off your chest!

embarrassed

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Fucking christ.

Since when did becoming a parent require you getting a card or a gift or a special day?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)