Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wisdom Teeth Extraction

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 0 Replies

Arg! So I got my wisdom teeth out Wednesday, I was nervous enough, got stuck in traffic and was about a hour late for my appointment. They were nice, still took me in. All 4 were impacted and the lower two were laying right on the nerve. They put me under and I woke up twice during the surgery. The first time I woke up I thought I heard my baby cry and I kept thinking I needed to nurse him, but when I woke up I was in the middle of surgery. I wasn't able to respond right away, my mind was awake, I could hear them talking, but I couldn't do anything. Finally as he was cutting out my last tooth I was able to open my eyes and make noise. They gave me more anesthesia, but as they were sewing me up I woke up again. It was the worst feeling ever, I could make noise and my mind was wide awake, but I couldn't do anything. Nothing hurt, but it was very frightening. They said they gave me double the dose of what they normally give people and were totally shocked I was able to wake myself up twice. Anyway, I've been horribly swollen and that's finally going down, I don't have any pain other than my teeth being sore from shifting and I have 2 dang sores in my mouth. I can barely eat because they sting and burn so bad. I'm basically living on orajel right now. And I can't sleep at night, I thought I would be okay, I mean yeah I woke up during surgery and it was freaky, but it didn't really hurt. But now every time I feel like I'm falling asleep I panic and wake myself back up, I keep dreaming that my body can't move but my mind is awake. Last night I cried myself to sleep and just held my husband's hand for hours, trying to just think about something else. I feel like such a wimp, I wish I had gotten these teeth out when I was still living with my parents instead of waiting until I have two kids and thousands of miles away from any family. :(

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)