Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you go to the doctor for a sunburn?

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 24 Replies
I have a rally bad sunburn, its so bad that i have blisters all over my shoulders and some on my back.

My dh thinks i should go to a doctor to get burn medicine for it but i would feel pretty silly going to the doctor for a sunburn.

What would you do?

Pictures in reply.
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM
yes, I have when I was younger. I don't stay in the sun that long anymore.
ashee202023
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Mobile Photo

You can't really see it to well in the picture but it is of the blisters on my shoulder. I will try to get a better picture up
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Honestly, it doesn't look THAT bad. Have you tried aloe vera? Clear aloe, not the green shit? Apple cider vinegar is good for burns as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schauseil
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Yes, they can be very serious and cause perm. damage. In the army you can actually be punished for a sun burn.
ashee202023
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM
I took my kids swimming yesterday and i was so worried about making sure they had sunblock on that i forgot to put some on myself.

Quoting me-n-mygirls:

yes, I have when I was younger. I don't stay in the sun that long anymore.

BamaRose61
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM

If you have blisters, then yes, it would be wise to go to the dr.

aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I have a really bad one too. Lips included. I did a post the other day and a lot of women suggested (other than all the obvious creams)  L-Lysine, it is in the pharmacy section and it's for your lips and skin. I bought it and am taking it. We'll see what happens. My skin is peeling terrible right now, I feel your pain. I think some burns are bad enough to warrant a dr visit, but IDK.....I don't see any pics of yours. I don't want you to have to pay a big co-pay or hospital bill for them to send you home with aloe, or tell you to put milk or vinegar on it or something. 

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM
It doesnt look that bad as long as it wasn't infected I would use OTC treatments
annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM
I say just use some aloe, and plenty of lotion too. I get that type of burn a few times a year (and that is with sunscreen). They will pop, then you will peel, and everything will be fine
WillsMOM72
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM
It doesn't look that bad, I'd wait to see if it gets better. Mine was like that but more red and it went away in a few days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured