Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I refuse to wish single mothers a happy father's day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 129 Replies
4 moms liked this

They aren't a Dad. They are women with crappy taste in men. You choose to have kids with him, don't expect standing applause on father's day.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illinoismommy83
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:39 PM
9 moms liked this

Some women lose their spouse to death and such as well. It is not always bad choices that make one a single mom.

Still, a mom is a mom. A dad is a dad. Just because you are the sole breadwinner and sole caretaker of the kids doesn't make you a dad as well. Single moms had their day - mother's day was last month.

AliKatAK47
I'm bored
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
by Meanie Pants on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:39 PM
6 moms liked this

This has been done to death.  

I also refuse to acknowledge single moms on father's day as I don't acknowledge single dads on Mother's day.

ksueditz
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:39 PM
2 moms liked this

mmm, hmm, b/c you know all their stories? 

rachel_35
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Their is a mother's day in all mothers honor. They shouldn't get anything or be wished a happy father's day. It's ridiculous.
gemikris82
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:41 PM

ok.  my cousins buy my aunt flowers every fathers day.  shes a single mom

MorganShaye
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:41 PM
3 moms liked this

I doubt anyone asked you to wish single mothers Happy Father's day. We dont really care what you think. Its amazing how angry people think that their opinions really matter to other people. It doesnt honey.

debbie26
by Debbie on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Quoting illinoismommy83:

Some women lose their spouse to death and such as well. It is not always bad choices that make one a single mom.

Still, a mom is a mom. A dad is a dad. Just because you are the sole breadwinner and sole caretaker of the kids doesn't make you a dad as well. Single moms had their day - mother's day was last month.

I agree with this 100%
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Yeah, me too.

rfhsure
by beast mode on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:42 PM

interesting, I don't know of any single mothers who want to be wished a happy fathers day? I was wished a happy mothers day, that was good. But I don't have a penis, and I didn't father my son, so I don't consider myself a single father. Should single fathers not be wished a happy fathers day because they have crappy taste in women?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Who said I was angry?

Learn how to read.

Quoting MorganShaye:

I doubt anyone asked you to wish single mothers Happy Father's day. We dont really care what you think. Its amazing how angry people think that their opinions really matter to other people. It doesnt honey.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)