Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH's family forgot DD even existed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

Not really...but they might as well have forgotten. We i was pregnant, so was DH's sister and cousin. His cousin's baby was born 1 month before, then my baby, and then sisters baby. We moved out of state when DD was 6 months old. I knew his sisters baby would obviously get more attention because he was right there with their family...But on Christmas...not one call. not one present. Nothing. Her first birthday...his mom called. No presents. I can post a photo on FB and not one of his side likes, or comments on it. She can post a photo of her son sleeping, and then post another picture of almost the same exact thing 2 minutes later, and they will both have 10 likes...Almost all from DH's family.

It just annoys the hell out of me. How hard is it to call on her birthday? Sure, shes too little to understand but its atleast the thought that counts. And they can't even use the excuse "your too far away" because his cousin moved to New York and they are in North Dakota. I'm in Montana...I'm a hell of a lot closer then she is but on her sons first christmas...MIL sent him a full size kitchen set, $100 in clothes and a table and chair set.  She even set DH cousin's fiance a birthday present.  I don't know what SIL's son got but i'm sure he got flooded with presents. 

Its not that i want presents for DD...Shes got plenty. She has my family up here. She doesn't NEED them...But would a phone call really hurt them? Or atleast saying hi once in a while? MIL calls once a week, otherwise we have to call her and the rest of his family has pretty much just disowned us because we moved out of state. Before we moved out of state, we all got along fine.

Vent over. I'm sure someone on here will tell me i'm being selfish and greedy...but like i said...When DD gets older...Shes not going to know them if they don't even attempt to be in her life. She use to skype with MIL and would get excited when she saw her...Now she acts like she doesn't even recognize her because his mom won't skype anymore "Her webcam is broke" but on IM it says "Margaret is Video Chatting with Tay"  which is DH's other sister. 

Do you just say whatever and go on with life up here...and when shes older and wants nothing to do with them throw it in their face then..Or say something to MIL about it now?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Anybody? 

ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

i'd say whatever go on with life and not worry about it. easier said than done i'm sure. if anyone says anything to MIL it shuld come from your husband

Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Delete them and the problem is solved. Or ask them why they dont give your DD the attention they give the other two? Stop worrying about it and then it wont bother you, move on with life. You said she has family where you are and leave it at that. If they ask why you deleted them or dont bother trying to get their attention anymore then tell them what you just said on here.

I'm a tattooed, piercing,  fresh eating, animal loving, free spirited, sort of helicopter, FF, CIO, circumcision, vax, pro-life, anti flu shot, non co sleeping, 3LO's, early potty training, snuggling is the best, video gaming, limited tv watching, natural remedies, natural health, Jesus is my home boy, church going, educated, writer, artist, photography, sarcastic kind of mom!

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM

fuck em.

look forward to the day your dd is the most successful and leaves them out of her first book/interview/movie/award dedications.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM

:( not cool.

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I understand what you mean, but really, just accept what is. 

LadyNCVE
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:14 PM
How does your husband feel?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM
If she calls once a week then how much further up your ass do you want his mom?
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Just ignore them.. it's not worth the annoyance. 

Though, if it really bugs you, have your husband say something

Trisha234
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Accept it and move on. It is sad for your DD, but it's a choice his family made. You shoukdnt have to plead with them to be more involved. they already know. Get off Facebook or unfriend them if its difficult for you to see them fuss over the other babies. Good luck to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN