Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I should have kept my big mouth shut...update

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:53 PM
  • 56 Replies

I was chatting with a lady from church talking about hobbies. I mentioned that I'm an amature photographer. Long story short somehow she talked me into donating some pieces for the art show the church is holding! Wtf I'm seriously only an armature like I'm a shutter bug that will take pics of everything. Oui. Is there anyway to back out of this gracefully?

***so I went looking through the most recent pictures that I have (I literally have five thousand pics on one hard drive) and picked just a couple of my favorites...when I get a little more indepth I will post some more please let me know what you think

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HousewifeNina
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:56 PM
3 moms liked this
As an amateur, you should be flattered. Pick a few of your faves and donate them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Two_Hearts
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Nope..your screwed!!! 

Just kidding...

My suggestion would be to take a couple of pics to her , show her...and tell her that you really are just an amateur and only do it for fun, and that you do not think anyone would purchase them...and you wouldn't be upset if she decided not to put any of your photography into the auction.

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:58 PM
5 moms liked this

do you only take pictures of arms?

what is Oui other than yes in french?

donate some photographs, enjoy.

MsEmma88
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Well I do have some good feet pics.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

do you only take pictures of arms?

what is Oui other than yes in french?

donate some photographs, enjoy.

MsEmma88
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM
She wants to see them Thursday at the "artists" meeting. I don't think I can handle group rejection. Especially since all the other photographers that are donating are professionals (so I hear)

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Nope..your screwed!!! 

Just kidding...

My suggestion would be to take a couple of pics to her , show her...and tell her that you really are just an amateur and only do it for fun, and that you do not think anyone would purchase them...and you wouldn't be upset if she decided not to put any of your photography into the auction.

Master_Debater
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Just take some photos of flowers and stuff, light photoshop, and voila. 

x2monstersx
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Pick the best ones and see how they do!  You might be suprised, could open some new doors...never know. lol

AviannasMama
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Well that's whst u get for going to church lol I kid I kid you'll do great! Gl
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Feel flattered! Now is.a great time to shine. go take some photos of your yard, dog, kids etc... And photo shop ;) have fun with it
Two_Hearts
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

How about this...is it possible for you to post say...5 of your pics in here? I am sure us ladies can give you an honest (but not mean) outlook on your photos..you never know, you may be better than you think you are.

Quoting MsEmma88:

She wants to see them Thursday at the "artists" meeting. I don't think I can handle group rejection. Especially since all the other photographers that are donating are professionals (so I hear)

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Nope..your screwed!!! 

Just kidding...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured