Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Missing my daddy... *possible trigger*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I can't help it. This will be the second Father's Day that he's been gone. He died of lung cancer March of last year. I miss him so much. He and I didn't have the closest relationship. He was one of those keep-your-heart-locked-away types. Never show emotion or it makes you weak. He went away a lot. However, he was the only one in my family that didn't treat me like I was totally broken. Yeah, he handled me with care since I'd been beaten and abused as a very little girl, but he treated me like I was there, not something to be hid and ashamed of like the majority of my family. Only he and my Grandma ever made me feel even somewhat welcome and now they're both gone. Now I miss them so much. Every year for Father's Day and his birthday, I gave him a little match box car. I started when I was 7. Two a year until last year when I was 29. This morning, I have my SO a match box motorcycle. I figured since I'm about to give him a DD, I'd continue on with the tradition. I was very proud of myself for not crying when I gave it to him. He knows the meaning behind it. He understands. Please ladies. Call your fathers if you're not close to him. If you are, hug him for me and tell him you love him and appreciate him. One day, you won't be able to anymore.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM

BUMP!

momwith2monkeys
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I miss my daddy too. My daddy died Aug 5 th 2001 of kidney failure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:05 PM
I'm sorry you lost your daddy. The man who was supposed to be mine raped and tortured me my whole life. I'm not calling him...except maybe a33hole. Hugs dear
PrincessZelda89
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM
This is my 2nd Father's Day without my dad. He passed from cancer Dec 2011.
It's hard. :( I was looking through my photo album, and showing the boys pictures of him. <3
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I'm so sorry. That has to be awful.
Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry you lost your daddy. The man who was supposed to be mine raped and tortured me my whole life. I'm not calling him...except maybe a33hole. Hugs dear

Kellyjude1
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I am so sorry....I lossed my dad last year and its been so hard.  Nothing can ever prepare you for that final moment.  My mom passed away 9 months later so this has been extremely hard.  I know they are together now in Heaven.  I was very close to both of them and have that peace in knowing all the times and memories that we shared together.  Life is so short and nobody is ever promised tomorrow....Make the best of each day.  Missing them is so hard but always know we carry them within our hearts always.  The tradition of the match box cars is absolutely beautiful. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I lost my father in March over 11 yrs ago. I am very blessed though because I have two reasons to celebrate in March: ds who was born the yr before dad passed away and dd who was born the yr after in March on my mom and dad's wedding anniversary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:10 PM
I don't have any pictures of my dad. He didn't like any being taken of him. I have one with his feet when I'm changing my oldest DS on the floor in his living room, but that's it. I have that hung up in my kitchen area.
Quoting PrincessZelda89:

This is my 2nd Father's Day without my dad. He passed from cancer Dec 2011.
It's hard. :( I was looking through my photo album, and showing the boys pictures of him. <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Bump
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM

My father and father in law both died around fathers day.

Its just not a good day for us. After that, his best friend who took up that spot, just recently shot mself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN