Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hubby Cussing in Front of Kid

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I have given up trying to get other people not to cuss in front of my child. My husband knows I would prefer if people didn't but seems to think that since I'm not trying as hard to stop the cussing that it is okay for him to cuss in front of our child. He only does it when he is angry but when I ask him to please not cuss in front of our son he says he doesn't care. It's driving me crazy. Most of you will probably say not to worry about it but it bothers me because he doesn't seem to respect my feelings in this matter. Anyone else have to deal with this and have any tips for me? It's not so much the cussing that bothers me but the principle of it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HandMmom12
by Jody on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM
They're going to learn it somewhere....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:13 PM
I understand that which is why I have given up correcting other people but my son is only 4 and my husband doesn't seem to care that I would prefer if he didn't use that language.

Quoting HandMmom12:

They're going to learn it somewhere....
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't curse in front of kids, I think its a horrible thing to do and sooner for later the child will think, daddy can say that, so I can to. I honestly think it's trashy and bad manners to curse infront of children, elders, basically anyone but your peers. My husband used to slip up because he cursed a lot and wasn't used to having a child around at first, so he would forget, but he would immediately apologize and tell my son that he messed up and those words are bad and he is trying to not say them, and after a little while he got the hang of it and hasn't done it since. All of the friends I had growing up who grew up with cursing in their house are the same kids who thought it was okay to tell their parents to fuck off or whatever. They become desensitized to it and use them as everyday words without caring who they are saying them to and don't realize how disrespectful it is.

CalicoMeezer
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Idk what to do if he's that sensitive about it. I do feel bad for you because yeah, that lack of respect for would bother me too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I'm horrible about cussing in front of my kids. You would think I was raised by sailors but my kids know they are not to say bad words.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM
........ok........
tifbrown
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM
3 moms liked this

I gave up on getting after hubby and turned the kids on him. If he so much as says "stupid" he gets, "MOM DAD SAID A BAD WORD!" They constantly call him out for saying bad words haha. Drives him crazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Interesting idea lol maybe I will try that

Quoting tifbrown:

I gave up on getting after hubby and turned the kids on him. If he so much as says "stupid" he gets, "MOM DAD SAID A BAD WORD!" They constantly call him out for saying bad words haha. Drives him crazy.

GagaNTattooS
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I never gave up and I was and still am relentless.. I have and will kick people out of my house for cussing in front of my son. My house is disney and we do not talk like that here... end of story.
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Start a cussing jar, 25 cents every time he cusses, give the money to your daughter or put it in savings for her. It's what my friend did with her husband and his brother. Her son would call them out on it and tell them to put in the money. It was great. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured