Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Let the kids go to school in the summer

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 27 Replies
When its hotter than the gates of hell and let them have their standard 11 weeks off during nov-jan instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boysrjoys2
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes!! Love it!! No snow days and main holidays are open.
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM

No way. Then theres nothing they can do. At least in summer, they can swim in the louisiana heat and humidity. In the three months we actually have winter, it just rains and get freezing, so therres no going outside.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Yup. There are less holidays in the summer so they can either have extra school days or more time off during nov-jan

Quoting boysrjoys2:

Yes!! Love it!! No snow days and main holidays are open.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I'd prefer year round school.,..but since that's not an option I'd rather keep the summer off.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I'm in Houston, I get Louisiana heat and humidity and that's why I'd rather they have the cooler months off. Imagine being able to go to the zoo or the park and not be drenched in sweat by 9 am

Quoting bellaamore:

No way. Then theres nothing they can do. At least in summer, they can swim in the louisiana heat and humidity. In the three months we actually have winter, it just rains and get freezing, so therres no going outside.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM
No I like the summers off.
christina0607
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Quoting bellaamore:

I live in the north east, but I feel the same. But of course we're a very active family, so its nice having the kids home.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM
They tried that here in some districts but changed back to the normal school calendar after a few years, it wasn't working though I'm not sure why

Quoting christina0607:

I'd prefer year round school.,..but since that's not an option I'd rather keep the summer off.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Quoting Roxygurl:

I don't understand how it would not work when you look at the areas who have been doing it for some time they are ahead of the curve.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM
It didn't work, that's why the discontinued it. It wasn't my district and I was still in school myself so I have no clue what led to them going back to the old way

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting Roxygurl:

I don't understand how it would not work when you look at the areas who have been doing it for some time they are ahead of the curve.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)