Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are the most important things/traits to you in a husband?

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

Like for me he has to be funny, honest, affectionate and I need to be attracted to him, even when he looks rough, because we all do some times and we all will, pretty much permanently, later:) I mean you can be a cute old person, as I hope and suspect my husband and I will be, but you know...

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
danie24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:34 PM
A good man is kind, compassionate, affectionate, responsible, hard working, funny, sexy, fun..

I wouldn't have settled for anything less than that.
wodntulk2kno1
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:35 PM
After being in a marriage that I totally got sick of the person.. Lol
I look for someone who is secure both mentally and financially, of course they have to be gentle on the eyes and I have to find them attractive. Someone who treats my kids well. Someone who treats me well. Someone who make me their priority. A person who doesn't want to argue, no drama and someone who has the same goals for our lives.
Thank goodness I found what I wanted and have never looked back!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

He needs to have a sense of humor, first and foremost. There is nothing less tolerable than a stick in the mud. We HAVE to be able to have fun together.

He needs to be intelligent. I need to be able to have thoughtful conversation with someone I'm spending my life with. If we can hardly keep a conversation flowing in our 20's and 30's, what the hell are we going to do when we're 80 and have already said it all?

He needs to be honest and communicative, always. I talk shit out. I need someone with me who is willing to do the same. 

He needs to be willing to experiment sexually. I will not tolerate a sex-less, or sexually stagnant marriage.

He needs to be kind, and liberally oriented. I won't be with a bigot, a religious nut, or someone who thinks that money is more important than people.

Those are the most important factors for me.

CBMomma42
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:44 PM

He must be a hard worker, and funny and affectionate. My DF is all of these things.

xomrs.chase
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:45 PM
He is understanding and kind, a great father, and still my best friend. He's also a hard worker.
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Honest

Fun

Confident

Smart

Good in bed (and out of it)

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:49 PM

He has to love me for me ... flaws and all. 

Be honest and true (no cheating). 

Needs to have a dark sense of humor. 

Love guns, american muscle cars and collecting knives/swords. 

Can NOT be an "overlord" and think he is going to control me or the relationship. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN