Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help.. Hangnail.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I got a hangnail and for the last 2 days, I have been in pain. It is not infected but it is red and swollen. It hurts like no other. I been trying to keep my mind off of it. Soaking it in hot water and Epsom salt. It has helped but does anyone have any other recommendations? Chopping off my finger is not an option.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM
ER!!!

Gah, I can't believe you're sitting here on cm rather than calling an ambulance to take you to the hospital.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Lol.. Could you just imagine someone going to the ER for a hangnail?

Quoting Anonymous:

ER!!!

Gah, I can't believe you're sitting here on cm rather than calling an ambulance to take you to the hospital.

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I rip those suckers out, then treat with neosporian and bandaid. Can't say I recommend it tho. It hurts real bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM
This thing hurts! I have had them before but not like this. Today I work I can not even begin to count how many times I knocked it against something. It is throbbing!

Quoting An0nym0use:

I rip those suckers out, then treat with neosporian and bandaid. Can't say I recommend it tho. It hurts real bad.

Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM

pic?  lets see if that sucker is infected or if you are just being a baby ;)

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Honestly? Getting rid of it for me is a million times better. Without doing it, it'll be there for days. After "treating" it, it feels better by the next night. It just bleeds quite a bit at first.

Quoting Anonymous:

This thing hurts! I have had them before but not like this. Today I work I can not even begin to count how many times I knocked it against something. It is throbbing!

Quoting An0nym0use:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM
This one is not really bleeding a whole lot. It's more of clear fluid coming out of it. I noticed last night a piece of skin was still attached and got rid of that, thinking that would make it feel better. After working today it just hurts and is red a swollen. I thought maybe it was infected so I tore the scab off the top and ran it under hit water. Now they shit won't stop hurting!

Quoting An0nym0use:

Honestly? Getting rid of it for me is a million times better. Without doing it, it'll be there for days. After "treating" it, it feels better by the next night. It just bleeds quite a bit at first.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting An0nym0use:

scarlettsam
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Just rip it out...do it quick...like a bandaid. Just 1...2....3...go!! Soak in hot water first to soften and then grab some tweezers and go. It will feel much better after I promise :)
tonesofhome
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:04 PM

do you have cutical scissors? or sharp nail clippers? cut that shit as close to the quick as you can, put some neosporin on it, and cover it up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I know it's not infected, it just hurts like hell!

Quoting Cheribomb:

pic?  lets see if that sucker is infected or if you are just being a baby ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)