Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How will I ever get over this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
From 8th grade til two years after high school, I had this best friend. I never had a friend like him before. I had friends, but I was never as close to anyone as I was to him.

We talked about literally everything. We had sleepovers. We made up our own little language to communicate in. We were inseperable. We had like a billion inside jokes. We were just super close. so close that we could guess what eachother were thinking sometimes.

He is homosexual. He told me in the 8th grade, and he wanted to keep it a secret because we lived in a small town that judged everyone. He had a really big crush on one of our friends. Well, one of our other mutual friends started dating the guy he liked in the 10th grade. He would follow the two of them everywhere and never let them have any time alone. It really upset the girl who had no idea what was going on.

One day the girl confronted me about it. She said "its almost like he is inlove with my boyfriend. Do you know something I dont ? He likes him, doesn't he?" She was in tears and I felt really bad. I said "yes, but you're not supposed to know that."

I felt horrible for telling my best friend's secret and I never told him I told. The girl never said anything to anyone, and she actually grew closer to the both of us. Her and the other guy never lasted. Anyway, two years after high school she told my best friend that I told her about him being gay. He was so angry with me he didn't talk to me for almost a year. He talks to me now and forgave me, but we are not friends anymore. He almost never answers my texts or calls. I see things on facebook about him and another girlfriend of his and them two calling eachother bestfriends. It hurts and it sucks. There's nothing I can do. How do I get over this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Wow um I really don't know what say to this mama I'm sorry :/.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I dont blame him 

EAzizM
by Erica on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:52 PM
You betrayed his trust...what do you expect??
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I know, in the 10th grade. I know it was wrong but it still scks and its hard to deal with.

Quoting EAzizM:

You betrayed his trust...what do you expect??

famiglia_bella
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Sometimes you just have to let go... and let go, and let go, and let go until you really let go.  Sorry, I know it hurts. :(

NESmith63
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Toughy......you screwed up big time and there may be no getting over this one. Maybe some day but maybe not. My best friend and I met our sophomore year which was 13 years ago. As of today we are best friends but we have both done things that could have ended our friendship entirely. There were times we wouldn't speak for a year or more at a time.
liss.n.chris
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:04 PM
How long ago did this happen? I know you say he forgave you, but if it's still somewhat fresh, he may not be ready to trust you again. He may never trust you again, but if it's been a good amount of time, maybe you can try and redevelop your friendship. I doubt you'll ever be best friends again though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:18 AM

We're they as bad as what I did?

Quoting NESmith63:

Toughy......you screwed up big time and there may be no getting over this one. Maybe some day but maybe not. My best friend and I met our sophomore year which was 13 years ago. As of today we are best friends but we have both done things that could have ended our friendship entirely. There were times we wouldn't speak for a year or more at a time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Well we are "cool" as of right now. It happend almost a year and a half ago now.

Quoting liss.n.chris:

How long ago did this happen? I know you say he forgave you, but if it's still somewhat fresh, he may not be ready to trust you again. He may never trust you again, but if it's been a good amount of time, maybe you can try and redevelop your friendship. I doubt you'll ever be best friends again though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Well, if your BF hadn't acted like such a weirdo when his love interest had a girlfriend this wouldn't've happened. The girl came to you in tears, but I guess what you should've done is tell her to go ask your BF herself. Anyway what's done is done, I think your (ex)BF is being immature. While what you did amounts to outting him in a small town, it was bound to get out anyway, and he should just take his share of the blame for acting like a jerk at the time. Maybe he'll eventually get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)