Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do illegal immigrants make a living?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
The police department a mistake and while I'm trying to get it fixed. What are ways to make money?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Under the table jobs...construction, nanny, house keeping
nelliesmommy
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex husband was a roofing contractor and used to employ illegal immigrants. They made good money with him.

Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:51 PM
4 moms liked this

They are getting a lot of jobs in construction. DF is laid off because his company wants immigrants, DF is too expensive because he has to have benefits and overtime pay. 

They should deport them all, IMO.

TaughtTot
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:52 PM

ITIN our government allows them to use these

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM
You don't know what it's like until you know you can't work with a error on your police record.

Quoting Motherof3inNJ:

They are getting a lot of jobs in construction. DF is laid off because his company wants immigrants, DF is too expensive because he has to have benefits and overtime pay. 

They should deport them all, IMO.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM
How do I get a job without showing my identity.

Quoting nelliesmommy:

My ex husband was a roofing contractor and used to employ illegal immigrants. They made good money with him.

gemikris82
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM

my old job hired illegals, not sure how it worked though.  it was kept hush hush

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM
6 moms liked this
Unless they are LEGAL, I personally don't believe they should be able to get a job. Why should the illegal be granted more than a legal person?
caito
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Lots and lots of restaurants hire immigrants under the table. You can buy fake SSNs from people who know how to get them. Or you can work under the table cleaning houses or babysitting. 

It's not really recommended to try and get a fake SSN. That's playing with fire more than you already are by being illegal. I'm not going to bash you like others though...my husband used to be illegal. He started out as a busboy in a restaurant. One of his brothers is the kitchen manager there (he's legal). He worked his way up and is now the sous chef at another restaurant. He became legal three years ago. 

nelliesmommy
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I'm not sure but some places could care less about you being illegal. They just want a good worker.

Quoting Anonymous:

How do I get a job without showing my identity.

Quoting nelliesmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN