Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Car accident

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 83 Replies

Mobile Photo

Tuesday marks two weeks, of this horrible car accident. We were going straight ( we were 5 min from our house), and the car traveling the opposite direction decided he wanted to make a left turn. Didn't even stop at all, or put a signal. He turned right in front of us, both of us at full speed. My husband just got some bruising, but I broke my ankle :(

I'm struggling day to day to accept this crap. I'm so upset, that because of that asshole, I got hurt. I've had one surgery already and I need one more. I have to stay in bed for more then 80% of the day. I can't dress myself, I have to use a walker and I can't even play with my kids :(

Has anyone else been through, a similar situation? Or a broken leg, ankle even if it wasn't a car reck. How did you deal with it? Did it take long to recover?

My brake is a distal fibula fracture.
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Mobile Photo

My foot after my first surgery
Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Mobile Photo

My foot before surgery ( yes I know, I need a pedicure lol )
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Im so sorry, were your kid (s) in the car??

I never broke a bone but was rear ended pretty badly a few years ago, I was in PT for six months, I had a lot of the same anger towards the guy driving the huge stake truck who was on his phone when he rammed into me while I was stopped at a red light .

Its just something that takes time, to try to lose the anger (I still get fired up when I think about it)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM
So scary! I'm glad nobody was hurt worse.
Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Quoting Foolynroo2:

I never broke a bone but was rear ended pretty badly a few years ago, I was in PT for six months, I had a lot of the same anger towards the guy driving the huge stake truck who was on his phone when he rammed into me while I was stopped at a red light .

Its just something that takes time, to try to lose the anger (I still get fired up when I think about it)

gemikris82
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM

we were Tboned in my moms car.  we were going straight, and this 86 year old lady blew teh stop sign.  i know she didnt do it on purpose, she meant to hit the break.  i had a hairline fracture on my hip and i had to walk around in a walker. 

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I'm so sorry, Mama. I hope you heal soon!
Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Thankfully no :) she was suppose to be with us that day ( my youngest), but we decided to just leave her since I wasn't going to take long.

All that idiot had to do is wait 5 seconds!

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Teeshann
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM
I am so sorry. My son and I were hit by a guy who ran a stop sign. We both ended up with whiplash. I am so thankful it wasnt worse. I was also rear ended a few years ago. I still hold my breath when cars pull up behind me fast.

. My mom had surgery on her foot, she played lots of world of warcraft.

I know if I couldn't getmup id be crocheting and knitting up a storm. I hope you heal quickly.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Ouch! Sorry never broke anything.. I have to say you have the longest toes I have ever seen! Plus I think you have a good reason for not getting a pedicure. 

Quoting Mrs.Velasquez:

Mobile Photo

My foot before surgery ( yes I know, I need a pedicure lol )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)