Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anxiety

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I had generalized anxiety disorder. I'm anxious all the time. Over little things. Or nothing. Things I can't control. Or things I can. Sometimes I feel I'm drowning and I can't breathe.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:50 PM

You can go to a vitamin store and get GABA 750 Mg ,my mom has the same problem and she takes 2 pills a day 3 times ,and it works wonders in helping her anxiety .please try it .

waffa
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I was diagnosed about 4 months ago after 30+ years of symptoms that went ignored. I am on 100mg of Zolft each day, and it keeps the brain in check, no more palpitations, heart rate is normal, and excessive sweating is gone. It's nice to sit on the sofa and not feel like my heart is running a marathon after so many years!
Quoting Anonymous:

I had generalized anxiety disorder. I'm anxious all the time. Over little things. Or nothing. Things I can't control. Or things I can. Sometimes I feel I'm drowning and I can't breathe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beware! Thar be trolls in these here threads. wink

"English motherfucker, do you speak it?" ~Sam Jackson, my hero...

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:54 AM

St Johns Wort helps with mild depression and anxiety.  Relora helps to block cortisol, the stress hormone.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:55 AM
My brother has general anxiety to. He actually had a stroke last year caused by anxiety. He sees a psychiatrist. He moved to Mexico and is trying to live a more natural and stress free life
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I have generalized anxiety disorder as well.

Though, my therapist doesn't want to treat the anxiety and depression until she treets my PTSD. It's all related. She feels if I can overcome the PTSD then the GAD and depression will be easier to deal with as well. :/.

marie2409
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Bump for suggestions, I feel the same way, but don't care for prescription meds. Sorry OP, it's tough I know.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Find a hypnotherapist in your area. I have it too and severe PTSD, I function almost normally after two years of therapy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Weekly therapy works for me. I tried Prozac, trazadone, Effexor, celexa, buspar, vistaril, Zoloft and seroquel. Sadly I get crazy reactions to meds and those didnt work. I am now on adderall and believe it or not that is working for it. I take a very minor dose in the early morning and Benadryl at night. Best combo I've had. The therapy is my lifesaver though. I have a psychologist that I can text 24/7 and get a response. He's amazing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN