Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is it?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM
  • 4 Replies
For quite some years now I've had shin splints, I think. They come and go, usually when I've been really active. I will get them in my thighs as well on occasion, but now I'm noticing the pain in the elbow and upper bone area of my left arm too. Is it even possible to get splints in your arm? Anyone else get pain like this?
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
HappySquirrel
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Vit D, iron, potassium, and magnesium deficiencies have all been looked at as contributors to shin splints, and truly, mine went away when I started taking a proper vitamin. Are you on a supplement?
shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:08 AM
No. I used to take 1000 iu of vit d, but haven't in a while. How much of the other stuff should I take? Except iron...I'll try dietary changes for that.

Quoting HappySquirrel:

Vit D, iron, potassium, and magnesium deficiencies have all been looked at as contributors to shin splints, and truly, mine went away when I started taking a proper vitamin. Are you on a supplement?
HappySquirrel
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:17 AM
I have no idea. You'd have to google it maybe. As for altering the diet, I was making sure I ate a pretty darned good and balanced diet, but find it very challenging sometimes to make absolutely sure you have all your bases covered and I know your body can't absorb all a vitamin has to offer because it's too much and it becomes system overload and all, but I prefer it to the constant dotting I's and T's. a cop out, I know.

I am presently taking a daily multivitamin that has about 75%of any of its ingredients and I take an iron tablet, lowest dosage avail with slow release. It has me covered and I sleep better too. I have had only a few shooting terrible pains since starting this combo.

Quoting shadow_lark:

No. I used to take 1000 iu of vit d, but haven't in a while. How much of the other stuff should I take? Except iron...I'll try dietary changes for that.

Quoting HappySquirrel:

shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Hmm, I'll have to do some looking around. Thanks!

Quoting HappySquirrel:

I have no idea. You'd have to google it maybe. As for altering the diet, I was making sure I ate a pretty darned good and balanced diet, but find it very challenging sometimes to make absolutely sure you have all your bases covered and I know your body can't absorb all a vitamin has to offer because it's too much and it becomes system overload and all, but I prefer it to the constant dotting I's and T's. a cop out, I know.

I am presently taking a daily multivitamin that has about 75%of any of its ingredients and I take an iron tablet, lowest dosage avail with slow release. It has me covered and I sleep better too. I have had only a few shooting terrible pains since starting this combo.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Quoting HappySquirrel:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)