Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD if someone asked this of you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

Not too long ago, I reactivated my Facebook account. I don't check my newsfeed, I don't look at people's profiles. I liked 2 pictures that were posted from my division page (because I'm in one) and that's about it. I haven't contacted anyone, asked anyone how they're doing, nothing. Anyway, I was trying to figured out how to change my profile picture so I went on my own profile to get to my albums. I saw I had been tagged in a post (I ignore notifications). The post is from a woman that I've met face to face once back in 2009 but have talked to many times over Facebook. Her ex-husband and I used to be in the same platoon and that's how I know them. The unit that me and the husband were in went to Korea, I stayed back and haven't had contact with him since but we're FB friends.

Anyway, his ex-wife tagged me and about 18 others in a status asking if we could write a letter of character for her so that she can pursue full custody. She said something to the effect of he's a cheater and he drinks, her sons (they have 2) are Autistic and she doesn't want them around that kind of behavior. Now honestly, I don't know either of them like that to write a letter. At work, he seemed like a nice guy. Outside of work, I have no idea. On Facebook, she seems like a nice person. Outside of Facebook, I have no clue. So I'm not writing anything about him and I'm simply not going to respond to her-hell, I haven't responded to anything else on FB. If it were you would you ignore it, tell her no or just write the letter even though you don't really know either of them.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd message her back and say you don't feel like you know either of them well enough to write a letter like that.

Or just ignore it. But I would not write the letter.
BestestMom11
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:17 AM
I agree, and wouldn't respond. Her story may, or may not, be true. But you cannot attest to things that you have no firsthand knowledge of.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Quoting shadow_lark:

I'd message her back and say you don't feel like you know either of them well enough to write a letter like that.

Or just ignore it. But I would not write the letter.

I'm going to just ignore it. I'm not really sure why someone who isn't that personal with them should be in the middle of their family affairs like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Ignore it.

Closet_Case
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I wouldn't.
If you don't know either of them well enough to be confident writing a letter for them then ignore it. I'm sure she can find someone else.

alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I would simply tell her that you understand her situation, but because you do not know her well enough you don't think you would be a good character witness.

bclassybutsassy
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:21 AM
punch her in the esophagus... lol no just ignore that bs
Mrs.Torres2566
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Honestly, I would probably ignore it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bclassybutsassy:

punch her in the esophagus... lol no just ignore that bs

LOL!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Quoting Closet_Case:

I wouldn't.
If you don't know either of them well enough to be confident writing a letter for them then ignore it. I'm sure she can find someone else.

That's so true.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)