Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I reported my ex to CPS (Please take some time to read this)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies
1 mom liked this
My 10 year old daughter has been on summer break with her father for 3 weeks. I had been battling head lice for the past 6 months when she goes there for her every other weekend visits. This past weekend, she came home for my mid-summer visitation. Her head was FULL of bugs. To the point that she has patches of missing hair from scratching so much. I was livid. I called the hotline and made a report.

Here is everything I reported:

Her father lives with his wife and two stepdaughters in his grandmother's 3 bedroom house. His mother also lives there. That makes 4 adults and 2 kids.

His grandmother is a hoarder

His mother is an alcoholic. 11 years ago, she was arrested for manufacturing meth. She got drug court in exchange for information.

The house is over 40 years old. The bathroom has mold. Its infested with rodents. It is absolutely deplorable.

When I asked my daughter if her father has ever treated her head for lice she told me no and that he only treats her step sisters. Tells her that that is my responsibility since I am the primary custodian.

That being said, the man I spoke with said my call was justified. He said the lice is definitely neglect. I am meeting with this guy tomorrow and he is supposed to go and talk to my daughter and her father afterwards.

Now my question is, will CPS notify him about them coming? I've heard that this happens and the accused often has the time to clean up their act before the visit. In all honesty, I want him to be surprised by this man's visit. For the past 7 years, her father has gotten away with too much in court. He filed a motion to obtain custody when she was 3 (did not win of course) and back then he had his own place. Just 3 years ago, he quit his job so his child support couldn't be raised (He is ordered to pay $34 a week and pays only that much every three months to stay out of jail).

Thanks for reading this.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM
* When my daughter is there, she is made to sleep on the nasty floor because there aren't enough beds. I reported this as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:16 AM
bump
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I wish all the best in keeping your precious baby girl away from her nasty ass dad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Thank you. I'd take him back to court but the last time we were in, he cleaned up his crap and nothing ever happened

Quoting littlesippycup:

I wish all the best in keeping your precious baby girl away from her nasty ass dad.

twade26
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:18 AM

This

Quoting littlesippycup:

QB2
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:19 AM
3 moms liked this
My only question is why did you wait so long if you knew the conditions were so deplorable? To let your daughter walk into that environment isn't the best thing to do. What you did should have been done a lot sooner.
KrissyKC
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

If their home is that nasty, they can't hide that level of filth in a day or two.

LiliM
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I hope they do something.  I find lice absolutely disgusting.  My SD came to our place with it once, with an empty lice shampoo bottle that she said her mom said I was to wash her hair with.  Nice notice, MOTFY.  I felt so sorry for SD.  She was scratching her head off.

I have a friend whose SK came over something like 11 months in a row with lice, and CPS wouldn't do a damn thing.  So if your CPS will, good.

It's disgraceful that a kid has to suffer from re-infestation because a parent won't take care of it.  I know it's time consuming as hell, but shit.  You have to just suck it up and take care of it.

Good luck.

kagegirl
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
File an emergency motion for sole custody. You have a duty a her mother to protect her.
KrissyKC
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:20 AM

If CPS can't help much, take whatever info you can get from them and get a lawyer involved.   Maybe you can get him on supervised visits or day visits only.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)