Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think im losing it

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:45 AM
  • 3 Replies

The house we are buying that is. The inspection went great on Friday. Well we are doing VA financing and haven't had any issues until now. Its going to be 4 to 6 WEEKS until the appraiser can come. We asked the VA (well our mortgage lady asked) if we could get a different inspector, and seeing as how we live in a rural area there is only just this one inspector. The Realtor emailed us today and said that the listing agent / sellers were NOT happy about this news. 

There have been no other offers, and our closing date was supposed to be July 24th. The seller is MOVING out of state July 16th. They do not plan on buying a new house (elderly couple who just wants to have condo living). I feel awful, but they knew we were VA going into it. Im going to be so bummed if this falls through.

I think it would be silly of them to cancle the deal though because they havent had any other offers, the house was on the market a month (houses sell within meer HOURS of listing where we are), and if they dropped the deal it would probably take them longer to find a new buyer.

So yeah, idk I guess I could use some prayers or good vibes? I really love this home. We have paid over $300 for the inspection, gave them earnest money and all that jaz. Our rates are locked in and title work all done... just waiting on the appraisal. Gur..

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:48 AM
I'm sorry :(. Fingers crossed that it all works out in your favor! I can't wait to be able to buy a house someday, so I understand how important it must be to you! Hang in there!
Click_Queen
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:51 AM

It just stinks. The VA is supposed to help us, but they may make us lose the deal because they cant get an appraiser out here in time. :/

Quoting Angelicembrace:

I'm sorry :(. Fingers crossed that it all works out in your favor! I can't wait to be able to buy a house someday, so I understand how important it must be to you! Hang in there!

Click_Queen
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:04 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)