Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homosexuality, a question. ***EDITED***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 425 Replies
44 moms liked this

I was reading another post, and I would like to ask those who have a problem with homosexuality a question. Why? Why do you have a problem with homosexuality? Other than bible verses (which you can save yourself the trouble of misquoting, as I have read the bible and found more references to not eating pork, than homosexuality). How are the actions of consenting adults bothering you? And how, exactly, are they immoral? If you're going to bring out the "destruction of traditional marriage" argument, save it. I am VERY pro-marriage, pro-family, and I am also pro-gay marriage. Just because gay marriage is an option, doesn't mean everyone is going to explore it. 

I know some of you are going to say "Not this shit again," but I am truly curious. I just don't understand how the love lives of any two (or more) grown people are any of your business.

Honestly, every argument I've ever heard against gay marriage is absolutely non-sensical.

***EDIT***

Ok, Here's what I got from this:

1.) You think it's icky.

Fine. You think it's icky. DON'T THINK ABOUT IT!! You can't tread on people's rights for something you think is disgusting. I think mayonaise is icky, I don't expect everyone to stop eating mayonaisse in front of me.

2.) It's "unnatural"

Not true. It's completely natural. It has been recorded throughout human history and also occurs frequently in the animal kingdon (which we are a part of)

3.) It destroys traditional marriage

How? Again, just because same sex marriage is an option doesn't mean people are going to start becoming homosexual for that reason.

4.) Pedophilia and bestiality will be the next "rights" to be fought for.

This is one of those non-sense arguments. To compare homosexuality to pedophilia is cruel, first of all, and second, is not even remotely similiar. It's the difference between sex and rape. Besides, this makes you sound downright scared of gay people.

5.) Homosexuality is a choice.

Obviously to most of us, this is not true. Why would someone choose to be bullied and ostrasized by the likes of some of you?

Basically, my conclusion is this. There is no argument agaisnt homosexuality that has any basis in reality or facts. I have to stop trying to understand your views because they are rooted in ignorance and that is not how I make decisions about what I believe.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Some will say it's just not natural, blah blah blah.

proudmama11212
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:02 AM
First!!! :)
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM
7 moms liked this

They always turn it into a "it effects my religious rights" battle. Either that or "it's yucky" which makes them sound around two.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:05 AM
3 moms liked this

And some people will bring up procreation. But I doubt it's that hard for the nice gay couple to walk down the street to their lesbian friends and ask one of them to carry a child. Likewise, it can't be that hard for the nice lesbian couple to walk up the street and ask their gay friends to donate sperm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:06 AM
9 moms liked this

If they did their research, they would realize it's quite natural. Growing up on a farm I've seen a plethora of same sex animals get it on.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Some will say it's just not natural, blah blah blah.

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:07 AM
19 moms liked this

Because they are assholes.  That's why. 

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Nope. XD

Quoting proudmama11212:

First!!! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:09 AM
lulz.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Because they are assholes.  That's why. 

SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:09 AM
3 moms liked this

I agree with you.  I have never heard an argument against homosexuality that made any kind of sense at all. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:09 AM
3 moms liked this

Plenty of heterosexual couples use IVF or surrogates and while the Catholic church doesn't support it, it is certainly not considered an "abomination" like homosexuality is. And really, it's not like the human race is going extict anytime soon. 

Quoting Anonymous:

And some people will bring up procreation. But I doubt it's that hard for the nice gay couple to walk down the street to their lesbian friends and ask one of them to carry a child. Likewise, it can't be that hard for the nice lesbian couple to walk up the street and ask their gay friends to donate sperm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured