Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do "bigger girls" love short hair?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies

I'm just sayin.... short hair makes your face look more round, more "plump" and you appear more overweight. 

WHY do so many overweight women like shorter hair? If you grow it out it elongates not only your face, but even your shoulders, torso, makes your breasts look big and your body look small. 

I'm not saying this to be mean... I just think when you cut it off into a pixie cut it really amplifies your size. If you are embarassed about your weight (and lets face it, MOST women aren't proud or glad to be overweight!) why would you make it worse?!?! 

My friend had long hair... past her boobs. I always considered her "chunky" but not really "Fat"...she cut it off to a bob. Her weight hasn't changed in the SLIGHTEST... and while her bob looks cute and fun, her entire body looks like she gained a good 30 lbs. 

I realize shorter hair is easier to manage and longer hair is a true pain in the arse. But shoulder length? Or as long as you can manage? I mean really... do yourself some FAVORS! 

After my friend whacked her hair off I started noticing that the larger girls are the ones who cut it short the most often. Skinny girls keep it long. I was just more aware of it... and I hardly EVER see a noticeably overweight woman with long hair. Maybe that's because longer hair hides the weight... idk. but either way I think short hair on larger women is a bad idea. 

Just my opinion. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jamamama00
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM
2 moms liked this
That's actually the opposite of the truth. Long hair "weighs you down."
katemckenzie
by Kate on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I whole heartedly agree. I was thinking about this yesterday, exactly.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I have had both long and short hair. Long requires more maintenance. Some people just don't consider that one thing to spend time on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM
I think long hair looks bad on over weight girls. Not curvy or thick girls but fat girls. It just sits around their chunky arms, neck, and back weird.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Maybe because their weight alone will make them sweaty?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Quoting jamamama00:

That's actually the opposite of the truth. Long hair "weighs you down."

No, what OP said holds truth. Long hair can elongate  fact and make shoulders look slimmer, and short hair can make it look rounder.

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:31 AM
2 moms liked this

So, basically you're telling plus sized girls to hide behind their hair. F--k that. I live in Arizona. It is too damn hot to have long hair, no matter what your weight.

lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I feel fatter when my hair is short. Even though I'm not fat.
AlohaTink
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I've always had long hair and always been chunky. Short hair makes my face look fat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:32 AM

The bigger the hair, the smaller the hips. LOL. I always had long hair. I cut my hair and I admit that I felt bigger. It doesn't fit my face.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)