Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

From mother-in-law to monster-in-law. What do I do? *update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 132 Replies

So I've always gotten along great with my MIL. Atleast that's what I thought...

Important backstory: she's always been super nice to me, and I've always been respectful of her place in the family as my husband's mother. I'm always encouraging him to spend time with his family, and have even had to remind him to call them on holidays. Never have I tried to come between them. I came into the relationship with 4 children. DH and I also have a daughter together and I'm pregnant with our son. I don't have a facebook.

Well, today my SIL (married to my DH's brother) came to me with messages she'd screen capped and printed from facebook. The messages were between her and MIL.

SIL: Is *myname* having a baby shower?

MIL: Yes. I'm throwing it because *DHsName* asked me to. I bet she asked him to ask me. She's such a greedy sl*t you think after popping 'em out like she does she shouldn't need a shower. doesn't deserve one.

BTW, I had no idea DH asked. She came to me and asked to throw a baby shower. I wasn't expecting one.

SIL: Oh wow...

MIL: Yep. He only married her for *DD's name* sake.

SIL: Oh, did he tell you that?

MIL: Not in so many words. I know love, they don't have it. He's a fool. The baby probably isn't even *DHs Name*. Wouldn't be surprised!

That was basically the end of conversation until SIL said she was going to bed. In reality she printed this nice convo for me. I don't know what to think. First of all, my DH is the father of the baby I'm carrying. What a ridiculous claim as I've never cheated on anyone EVER. I don't know how to approach DH with this. Should I tell him? Do I just pretend it didn't happen? I really don't want to drive a wedge between him and his family, but this is just crazy!

UPDATE - I left the print-out under DH's coffee cup so he found it this morning. He came and woke me up with print-out in hand. DH was furious. He said he didn't ask her for a baby shower - that he was talking to MIL about us having a "sip and see" after baby was born and she said it sounded dumb, why not just have a shower? So DH told her feel free to throw one then if that's what she thought. Anyways, DH told me not to worry about anything & he'd take care of it. So he came home from work (family business) and told me he'd put in his two weeks notice and we'll no longer be seeing his mother. Apparently there was more stuff said, but he wont really discuss it. It's just a sad situation.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaughtTot
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Oh hellllllssss NO

idk what else to say, hope somone on here can give you advice

BUMP!

BekahBrownEyes
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:24 AM
2 moms liked this
I would talk to him about it, if you ignore it, it will just eat at you.
adrianna1043
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:24 AM
I'd tell her to go eff herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paintitblack0
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this

:-( what a freaken jerk. Sorry Hun. I would just let ur hubby read it and let him know ur hurt by this 

daisybaby91
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:25 AM
I would flip my top.
That bitch would get a HUGE piece of my mind. And fuck the baby shower.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:27 AM
I'm just curious why your sister in law would print that and give it to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:27 AM
This is a tough one. I am a believer of handling things together so I'd tell him, but it seems odd that SIL would confront you with this. How did you respond to her?
sburst
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:27 AM
this

Quoting daisybaby91:

I would flip my top.

That bitch would get a HUGE piece of my mind. And fuck the baby shower.
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this

your dh already knows. his mother's been telling him for years. she's more subtle about it, of course, but she's definitely planted that seed of doubt in him.

don't talk to her about it. talk to him. get him to take care of the snake in the grass.

D.O.E.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:28 AM
2 moms liked this

tell her you dont need her baby shower, she can call everyone and cancel it. and when she asks why, hand her the printed convo, smile, and walk away.

fucking inlaws, our husbands love us and we love them, isnt that good enough for those assholes?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)