Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feeling so depressed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I weigh a little over 200 pounds at 5'9...My weight gain has damaged my self esteem..I feel so ugly and unattractive...My face is full of acne and scars and that only adds to my problem...i've tried everything to lose weight and get rid of the acne but its not happening..I keep falling out of my diet after losing a few pou ds and the acne won't budge...I don't go out with friends any more cos i'm ashamed of how I look..Is there any one that has ever lost 60 lbs or had acne before?..pls how did u go about it..I really nedd help.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mrs.Strickland1
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:41 AM
What helped with me was not keeping so much junk food in my house. I looovvvee to snack so I figured if I keep more healthy stuff is eat that and it works for the most part. For acne I drink a lot of water and use a acne cleanser/ scar remover at least once a day. I get bored exercising so I make it happen by parking farther away at places and playing a lot with my girls. Since Jan I've lost about 40 without much effort I'm sure I'd do more if I worked out but I'm at a good weight now. Hope it helps :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Thanks a lot...I've attempted dieting so many times and failed..so when I say i'm trying to get on a diet now..mu family just laughs and says i'm hopeless and that I can never lose weight..
Mrs.Strickland1
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Prove them wrong! Do it and just don't tell them. That's what I did. It feels good when people notice you getting smaller without you mention ring anything :)
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I lost 130 lbs (I'm 5'2 and was 273) by jogging in place with my WiiFit. It took less than a year, but I also started drinking nothing but water and some milk, and cut my food intake by 70%. There's just no easy way to do it, but it can be done. I'll post a pic in the next reply, just head shots, but you can tell big I used to be, and how different I look now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Wow...i'm so happy for you...I started a lifestyle change today...I had some junk but total calories were about 1000...I hope to add some exercise from tomorrow and keep eating 1000 calories daily..

Quoting MommyAddie:

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Great start!!! My little tip was that I didn't start out changing the types of food, I just ate less. As I lost weight, I just started cutting junk out more and more. Now I'm pregnant, so I can't exercise as strenuously as before, but I still do some hand weight exercises and I jog while I watch Dr Phil (rest during th commercials). Good luck, you'll do it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow...i'm so happy for you...I started a lifestyle change today...I had some junk but total calories were about 1000...I hope to add some exercise from tomorrow and keep eating 1000 calories daily..

Quoting MommyAddie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)