Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My toddler is electronically advanced and...

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:13 AM
  • 222 Replies

Really, I just have never bought into the stigma that being in front of a computer or t.v. is SO awful.

I understand that there is good and bad and probably worse. But c'mon now, when I was growing up we did NOT have internet or anything like that. We had no choice but to be outside playing all the time. These days, everything is electronic. Everything fun happens on a screen.

DS is 3 and he has long mastered many things, my laptop, his 3DS, his Wii, my Xbox, his tablet, etc. etc. etc. etc. He's very good with all these things and uses them everyday, many times a day really. But we still go for walks, play outside, go to the park, etc. And the chance of my son ever being some obese couch person seems pretty 'slim' to none so that has never worried me either.

I don't limit his screen time either. That would be near impossible since I am online ALOT and our t.v. is playing in the background pretty much 24-7.

Call me crazy and let the bad-mom bashing begin, but I am perfectly fine with all of this and DS is a very, very smart little boy. It's 2013, time to start catching up with the present, right? ;)

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xomrs.chase
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:14 AM
4 moms liked this
Honestly- we live in a technological world now. Being good with a computer will help in the future.

My 18mo old loves his leappad2
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Um, NO.

logansmommy612
by Amanda on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:15 AM
2 moms liked this
My son just turned one and he loves the ipad. He has mastered several game apps designed for 5 year olds. :) so i'm with you!
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:16 AM
5 moms liked this

i limit it all. there are pleeeenty of other things to do in this world that don't involve electronics and i like to encourage more of a balance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:16 AM
4 moms liked this

advanced?? b/c he can use a wii??? you must be proud!

ladyraven16
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:16 AM
My kids are good with computers and game systems too but they still plat outside and with their toys far more than on a screen.
JulietAngel89
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree with you. Parents who try to limit electronics just make them taboo too kids and it makes the kids obsessed.

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM
4 moms liked this
We live in south tx and I don't force my kids out side in 110 degree weather. I don't care what other people do with their kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirlNH
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Yes, this is what I am always saying.

I think it's amazing to see him wiz through technological things that most kids aren't for a few years at least. It makes him kind of brainy, I think it will be very good for his future to already know his way around things. And it all makes him happy, so moms wins! ;)

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Honestly- we live in a technological world now. Being good with a computer will help in the future.

My 18mo old loves his leappad2

christina0607
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM
16 moms liked this

I worries me that you say "everything fun happens on a screen". You're child is only 3...please don't teach him that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN