Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so help settle a debate please ladies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Kind of a silly one. Me and a friend were watching Overboard with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. In the movie he tells her that her maiden name is Annie Goolahey (sp). My friend said it's funny they used that name because Goldie played a charecter of the same name in another of her movies. I disagreed, but she insists it's true. She thinks the other movie as Private Benjamin......
Anyone know if this right? I would google it but for some reason my stupid phone won't let me onto the google page right now.....
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starlight91
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:20 AM

She played Judy Goodman/Benjamin in Private Benjamin, She Played Annie Proffitt In Overboard

HandMmom12
by Jody on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Judy Benjamin was the name in Private Benjamin. Looks like you're right!
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM
She played Private Benjamin in that movie.
SpiritedWitch
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:24 AM

imdb.com is your friend ... 

And your friend is WRONG WRONG WRONG. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:28 AM
So my friend was wrong.... I didn't think that sounded right. Yeah, her married name is Proffit in Overboard, but when he claims her at the hispital and she asks her maiden name, he tells her it's Goolahey. Though her charecters real name is Joanna Stayton. I love Overboard - watch it alot :) I haven't seen Private Benjamin in ages tho, so I couldn't remember.

Thanks for helping - I love when I'm right lol Can't to show my friend hehehe :)

Quoting starlight91:

She played Judy Goodman/Benjamin in Private Benjamin, She Played Annie Proffitt In Overboard

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Imdb.com? I will have to check that out.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

starlight91
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:32 AM

lol dh watches overboard whenever its on.

Quoting Anonymous:

So my friend was wrong.... I didn't think that sounded right. Yeah, her married name is Proffit in Overboard, but when he claims her at the hispital and she asks her maiden name, he tells her it's Goolahey. Though her charecters real name is Joanna Stayton. I love Overboard - watch it alot :) I haven't seen Private Benjamin in ages tho, so I couldn't remember.

Thanks for helping - I love when I'm right lol Can't to show my friend hehehe :)

Quoting starlight91:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
It's my fave movie with her :) Though do love all her movies. She's awesome :) I love watching old episodes of Laugh In.

Quoting starlight91:

lol dh watches overboard whenever its on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting starlight91:

SpiritedWitch
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I love it. Everything movies and tv ... cast lists, trivia, quotes ... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Imdb.com? I will have to check that out.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:49 AM

i love overboard. i love goldie hawn. i love death becomes her. i love meryl streep.

this post is awesome. i need to go to bed...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)