Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Would you hire someone who has had their children removed by CPS for neglect and child endangerment to be your child's sitter? I'm not talking a couple hours here and there either. I'm talking 40-60 hours a week.

I also want to add that this is not something I'm considering doing. I know someone who is considering doing this. I have told her it is a bad idea and if she does it I will be forced to call on her.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
2Sparrows4ever
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:06 AM
No, just no, not a chance I would be willing to take
starlight91
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:06 AM

No way in hell.

StrangeDays
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:07 AM
No. Just no.
kzuehlk
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Never.

SO and I worked opposite shifts on purpose. We rarely ever used a sitter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveNaCupcake
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Nope, I'd find someone else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Did they get their kids back? Was it founded or unfounded? What were the circumstances surrounding the removal? Like child custody issue etc..

only asking because cps always lists child neglect or child endangerment as a reason for removal. Why? Because it is left up to a wide interpretation. (A lot of things can fall into that category)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Single parent was very drunk with kids at home. Jumped from second floor deck onto mattress, missed the mattress and hit head causing concussion. Drove with kids in the car to ER and after 2 hours in the ER blood alcohol was still .12. The reason given that this person was drunk was "It's Tuesday and I called in sick to work. What else should I have been doing?"
Oh and no they did not get kids back. The kids have been permanently placed with a relative

Quoting Anonymous:Did they get their kids back? Was it founded or unfounded? What were the circumstances surrounding the removal? Like child custody issue etc..only asking because cps always lists child neglect or child endangerment as a reason for removal. Why? Because it is left up to a wide interpretation. (A lot of things can fall into that category)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)